How old do you have to be to have a tattoo in the uk?

Im 16 in december and my mom has agreed to let me have a tattoo.

will i be old enough? i want to get the peace symbol on my right wrist... how much would this cost?

Thanks :)

x

Favorite Answer

18 and it won't cost much.

@Lilly. If they tattooed you when you were 16, it's not a reputable place.

18. It is illegal under that age with or without parental consent.

If you find anyone willing to do it they will not be good artists so you could end up with a shoddy tattoo, as they are willing to break the law they will have shoddy work and hygiene control leaving you at risk of infections .It really is not worth it,too much can go wrong . Wait until you are 18 ,go to a reputable studio and get a wonderful tattoo.

The price depends on the studio -some have a minimum price -and the artist but a small peace sign would be about £60-£70 possibly cheaper.

• ?

I don't know why so many people give you false hope, you CANNOT get parental consent on a tattoo, you must provide proof of age therefore you MUST BE 18. And don't go to dodgy places that are irresponsible enough to tattoo someone underage because I guarantee they won't be proffessional and the tattoo will be badly done and more likely to get infected.

When you can get it done I'd say probably £60 minimum.

Source(s): I have a tattoo

18 with or without parent at 2years ago i was 16 and looked about 14/15 and got a tattoo in a reputable place with out being i.d 'd

You are allowed to get a tattoo in the UK at 16, with parental consent. To get a peace sign, it would cost around $100

18. if any tattooist is willing to do it before then run away - they're working illegally and can't be trusted!

• Liam

16 is the minimum age. symbol shouldn't be more than £50. depends on detail. check you don't have a blood problem

Source(s): been and done it a few times