Vincent Monroe asked in PetsRodents · 1 decade ago

ill or Dying Hamster? :( ?

My hamster is around two years old and has acted strange in the last couple of days.

She is usally very active but when i picked her up today she just lay still. she has been panting

wmore too and keeps falling over when she tries to walk. shes also not eating of drinking.

is she dying?

What should i do?

:(

Thank you all for your answers... she died yesterday night :(

Favorite Answer

It's hard to tell, but I don't mean to worry you, she could be on her way out, it's either that or she's ill. Phone your vet, tell them about her symptoms, if they can't do anything, persuade them, either that, or keep her warm because when animals die, sometimes they let you know, by showing symptoms, and sometimes, sadly, they go without a goodbye :'(, look, I'm on the verge of tears now, because I know what it's like to love something, honestly, tell the vet straight away, good luck okay.

• Cathy

My hamster went through the same thing, sadly. The vet didn't know what it was, but it was becoming uncomfortable and she had to be put to sleep.

But remember that two years old in very old for a hamster, and you've given her a good life. Just try to make her comfortable and decide when you should take her to the vet.

sorry hun but it sounds like your little friend is going to pass away soon. just give her alot of love.

hamsters only live for a few years so dont worry its not beacuse you have done anything wrong.

Maybe enjoy the last moments with your pet.

go to the vet! xx