Do you think this is right?

There are some religions that provide a wrong definition for God. Though I am a strong believer in Him, I seriously DO NOT believe in rituals, rules and regulations, etc..

Why should all such rules and regulations come in between? These were made by Man, not God. Bible was written by Man. Not God. Because it is not relevant in today's world, it is not written by God- the perfect being who gives perfect solutions to questions that are relevant in daily life- whether it was 2000 years ago, or right now; different problems have the same root cause, and the solution is given by God. A religion that defines God as a big Daddy looking up from the skies, waiting to punish you for being 'Homosexual' (that is, you are created by Him, still you are punished by Him), etc. --no, I don't think it is that way.

I just want your opinions. Atheists and theists, both are most welcome.

Thank You!

Thank You for the answers!!

@'Pretty':The Bible is just an example.

@Jonathan & 'Just Me':Yes, they may be, even Science and Religion are thought to be 'enemies'. To live a successful, harmonious life, with maximum benefits, one needs to inter-connect things. Religion is not what it sounds like- blind belief promoted by business-minded people greedy for power and money. At this age, where Science is growing uncontrollably, we don't need an extra burden of 'do not commit crime' signs, we need to have an inbuilt system that makes us do things for everyone's good, in the present and in the future- short and long term benefits.This does not necessarily include a big Daddy.

We must think for our self, but also believe that there are some things beyond our control that are undertaken by God.

Favorite Answer

Every time I see a warm smile, a beautiful flower, a soaring bird, I see the hand of God.

You have to understand that the bible is a collection of many books and writings. There those that depict a limited human-like god and others that depict an infinite god. The contradictions are the source of much confusion. Is God transcendent or immanent? This is up to the follower to conclude. I believe and omnipresent being would be both.

• ?

i imagine it is an really sturdy idea. however, you're in uncomplicated words 14 and also you'll maximum likely conflict with this. the quantity of animals you ought to receive would get on acceptable of you and your existence at the same time with college paintings and a social existence. if you're contained in the united kingdom you'd be starting up your GCSEs in below a year maximum likely and this will be a lot to imagine about.Your mother and father ought to help you out and also you ought to ask acquaintances besides in the experience that they prefer to lend you a hand. yet, what if the animal became ill? in case you ought to not manage it right think ofyou've got tot take it to the vets and the vet costs would upward push with the quantity of animals coming in.

• ?

I believe somewhat with what you say. I know and love God and I do not believe in what the religions tell of the same God that I know.

Religions though they talk of listening to God do not teach of listening to God. They teach their rules, their traditions and their religious doctrine. God's covenant says that he will put his laws in our hearts. They are there for us to find ourselves. His covenant also says that we will not hav our brother or our neighbour say "Know the Lord" but religions don't believe in what God says. They believe in what the early teachers have said and written. The Torah Bible Koran are all teaching men's rules and traditions. It's God's Covenant that counts. Not what the men of the religions say the Covenant is. A covenant is an agreement given by God to men. It is not a series of agreements given by men to God.

One Covenant One God One People

That is the only way for peace to come to this world and God has said what his covenant would be(Jeremiah 31:33-34). Judaism says it Moses and his over 400 rules and not just the ten commandments. Christians say it is the teachings of Paul and not what God said his covenant woud be and what Jesus died as a sacrifice to ratify this covenant of God's. The Muslim religion has a covenant that allows killing for basically anything that says they are wrong.

It is what God says that counts.

Hey christian,

Please just accept that people practise different religions differently.

Raising your hands and singing songs to an invisible sky man is your way of worshipping but to a hindu, pouring milk and ghee on their god is their form of worship. And to a muslim, bowing in a mosque is a form of worship.

You should not conform yourself to the world, but to God. When did the Bible ever agree with the world? They are enemies.

Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

You're right! If there is a God, he is defined by whatever flows from the top of my head!

Source(s): Scienterrific Atheist! xD Card-Carrying member of the Atheist Society of Reasonable Rationalists of Reasoning and Rational Freethinkers!

Looks like your a deist!

Well if God exists, then I certainly agree with you that he would not be an egoistic homophobic god.

• Homo

No, he's not going to punish you for an individual sin. But you're definitely supposed to honor His law if you honor Him.

Believing in a god is pointless.