what books would you recomend for me?

i am in grade 9, i love The inhertance cycle( eragon series), i love the harry potter series , i also like the city of bones series, book of time series and the percy jackson series. ALSO I HATE THE TWILIGHT SERIES so do not recomend that for me. I usally like fantasy, sci-fi or advetnture books!

Favorite Answer

Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind

Shannara series by Terry Brooks

Lord of the Rings by Tolkien (DUH!)

Legend of Drizzt series by R.A. Salvatore

Ender series by Orson Scott Card

Recluce Series by L.E. Modesitt

Redwall series by Brian Jacques

Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan

Black Magician Trilogy by Trudi Canavan

Anything by Robin Hobb, Raymond E. Feist, Patrick Rothfuss, Mercedes Lackey, Anne McCaffrey, Robert A. Heinlein

Source(s): Brother reads a lot of fantasy

For adventure-type stories, try Dangerous Days: The Autobiography of a Photojournalist, and its sequel, Blades: The Autobiography of a Rescue-Helicopter Pilot, both by J. William Turner. Very realistic fiction about teens in several dramatic life and death situations set in Australia, Canada, England and California during the years 1981-1982 and 1995-2001. Each is written as a series of four related shorter books (about 100 pages per book) inside a single cover dealing with teenage, adult and social themes. More info in Google

If you like the City of Bones series, you should check out Cassandra Clare's next installment. It's called the Infernal Devices series. The first book is called The Clockwork Angel. It's based in the time before The City of Bones and all that. It includes characters you may recognize, like Magnus Bane and Camille (the absent vampire clan leader that Raphael took over for). Anyway, I really liked it.

Firelight by Sophie Jordan

Ender's Game, Orson Scott Card

The Hunger Games, Suzanne Collins

-Jonathon Strange & Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke: really great fantasy/historical fiction, when it was done I wanted to read it over again!

-Peeps by Scott Westerfeld: awesome sci-fi action book

-The Supernaturalist by Eoin Colfer: really cool sci-fi with a great twist at the end

-The Brushers by Claudia Geib: a cool fantasy book with lots of action, which was actually written by a high school student. Don't pass this one up, I could not put it down.

-Airborn and Skybreaker by Kenneth Oppel: Airborn is one of my favorite books of all time. It's sort of a historical fiction but with a few cool twists and some sci-fi thrown in. Skybreaker, its sequel, was very good too.

Enjoy!

If you like fantasy try The Ice Princess by Theodore Svea. It's fun to read and has an unforgettable story.