Donny
Donny asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 9 years ago

Tim Burton's best movie...Big Fish vs. Edward Scissorhands?

my vote goes to Big Fish, if you think it's not either of those two say what you think it is but choose one of my options too!

Alice in Wonderland is probably his WORST.

have you seen Donnie Brasco? Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas? What's Eating Gilbert Grape? Blow?

Best Answer

Oh That's hard...... "Edward Scciorhand" is more deep and has this beautiful meanings in it,Is that you should never treat people on the way their outside look...

"Big Fish" Sounds more to a puzzle to me,Honestly i didn't understand anything the fire time i saw it,But i come to realize how beautiful story it is, and how the story was so simple,it's just a man tells story about his life but in a special way,But the effects and the cinematography was great,as the story of course :)

I also Loved Helena in it,and how was able to mange more than one character in the movie,and the end was great as well

I have to pick "Edward Scciorhand" because it's one of my favorites movies and Johnny Depps performance was stunning and so as "Winona ryder" (our birthdays on the same day btw)..

An she's a great actress i really respect

Though my favorite Tim burton's movie is "Corpse Bride" and such a dark comedy :D

• meL

That is a tricky question.. Big Fish is a very creative and fun film to watch. But Edward Scissorhands is a simple story yet complex in many ways because everything about it can be interpreted so differently. There is a lot of symbolism in it as well. If I had to pick between those two, I would probably pick Edward Scissorhands. It's a movie I can watch over and over again, and a classic in my opinion.

I do love Beetle Juice and Mars Attacks! too but I don't think those two are as good as Big Fish and Edward Scissorhands.

• ?

I think that Big Fish says more as a movie, but I'm a huge Johnny Depp fan so I'm going to have to pick Edward Scissorhands.

But neither of these are his BEST movie.

His best is either Sweeney Todd or Alice in Wonderland.

EDIT: Alice in Wonderland was great! But again, it had Johnny Depp in it & Johnny Depp can do no wrong. I even liked the movie Cry Baby if this gives you any inkling of how much I love Johnny Depp.

• Corwin

I have to give it to Edward Scissorhands. I'm not one of the cult followers of this movie, but I did enjoy it more than Big Fish. I think Tim Burton's best movie, by a million miles, is Ed Wood. Maybe it's just because I'm a huge fan of the real Ed Wood, but this movie is just brilliant to me. It's in my top ten. It's a very earnest guy who just has no talent, but he loves movies so much that his lack of ability isn't even a factor for him! I can't get enough of that movie.

• As much as I love Scissorhands, I agree with Big Fish.

It is hands down his most emotive story, something far grander than the sum of the special effects. In fact, Tim Burton or otherwise, it is one of the better father/son movies I have ever seen.

Maybe it's just a personal thing, since my own father was a teller of tales, but for me it was Burton at his absolute best.

That said, aside from Planet of the Apes, I can't think of a movie of his I did not like.

• Definately Big Fish. I remember when it came out and I watched it time after time. Edward Scissorhands was wonderful too, but there is no way it could stand up to Big Fish.

Big Fish. I saw Edward Scissorhands before I saw Big Fish, but I think Big Fish is better.

Big Fish.

But Beetle Juice was more fun.

Artistically, Nightmare Before Christmas and Corpse Bride are my favorites

Oh man, his two greatest movies and two of the greatest movies period.

I'll say, Edward Scissorhands.

• annis

I'm extremely interested about the answer to this