I can't find the right recipe!?
A couple years ago I made a really good chocolatey desert that tastes like a skor bar. I know that u needed saltine crackers, condenced milk, chocolate chips, butter, brown sugar, and no actuall skor bars or toffee, it was all made together, and i need the correct recipe and directions to make it. anyone know what im talking about? thanks!
Know the recipe?
- chickadee34Lv 79 years agoFavorite Answer
Easy Toffee Candy
1 1/4 cups butter, divided
35-40 saltine-style crackers (1 sleeve)
1 cup dark brown sugar (I used light cause that's all I had and it was fine)
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
3/4 cups finely chopped walnuts
1. Melt 1/4 cup butter; pour into foil-lined jelly roll pan.
2. Arrange crackers over butter, evenly spaced.
3. Melt remaining butter; add sugar and boil 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Remove from heat and add condensed milk. Spread over crackers.
5. Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes, until bubbly and slightly darkened.
6. Remove from oven, cool 1 minute, and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Let stand 5 minutes (until chocolate is soft and melty) and spread.
7. Sprinkle with nuts; press lightly into chocolate.
8. Cool; refrigerate until chocolate is set.
9. Remove foil and cut candy.
- candykaneLv 59 years ago
1 package (sleeve) soda crackers
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter
1 cup choclate chips (milk chocolate or semi-sweet)
1. Preheat oven at 350F.
2. Melt butter and brown sugar in a small saucepan on the stove. Stir frequently. Stir until the mixture is a thick syrup consistency. The thicker the better.
3. While melting the butter and sugar, line a 15x9 cookie sheet with soda crackers. Make sure the pan is well greased or you can use a tin foil lining with cooking spray.
4. When syrup mixture is ready, remove from heat and pour over crackers and spread evenly.
5. Place baking sheet in the oven for 8-10 minutes, watching to see if the sides start to burn.
6. Remove from oven and cool for 1 minute.
7. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Let sit for 1 minute and then evenly spread melted chocolate over crackers mixture.
8. Cool completely.
9. Break into bite-size pieces and serve in candy dishes.
Note: the candy mixture (sugar and butter) should be quite hard when you break the pieces. If it's chewy then you pulled the saucepan away from stove too soon. If the mixture sticks to the cookie sheet, be sure to grease more next time or try tin foil to peel later. You also don't need to use a knife to break into bars. Just random sized pieces is fine. Makes it more fun!
Number of Servings: 25
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user ARINDANA.
Number of Servings: 25
- Anonymous9 years ago
a surprisingly simple-to-make delicacy that is sure to please. Savor the intense flavor of the rich chocolate with a creamy caramel secret hidden in the center. It's a sweet treasure that will fill both of your hearts with love.
Preparation - 20 min | Cooking - 16 min | Yields - 2
1/2 cup NESTL� TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon NESTLɮ TOLL HOUSE� Baking Cocoa
1 large egg, separated
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 Creamy Caramel NESTLɮ TREASURES�
1 teaspoon powdered sugar, for garnish
PREHEAT oven to 400� F. Spray two 6-ounce ramekins or custard cups with nonstick cooking spray; coat lightly with granulated sugar.
MICROWAVE morsels, butter and cocoa in medium, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 45 seconds; stir. Microwave at additional 10-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Stir in egg yolk and vanilla extract.
BEAT egg white in small mixer bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in 2 tablespoons granulated sugar until stiff peaks form. Stir one-fourth of egg white mixture into chocolate mixture to lighten. Fold in remaining egg white mixture gently but thoroughly. Spoon into prepared ramekins, filling about 3/4 full. Drop one Nestl� Treasure into center of each souffl�; press in slightly. Place souffl�s on baking sheet.
BAKE on center oven rack for 16 to 20 minutes or until puffed and center still moves slightly. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve immediately.Source(s): general
- 9 years ago
I think the best way to ask the doctor.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.