Would the following very brief assertion accurately describe America's history/decline for the past 100+ years?

My point form brief history of America in modern times:

- cool idea, individualism, make money, lots of land

- a couple of global wars where they jumped in late and kicked out massive war production

- the biggest war ends, all US competition is blown to hell, you didn't get touched since V2s couldn't reach America, America is king of the castle

- US rides high for decades while Europe tries to rebuild (the US help) and large countries pursue communist folly which doesn't work well

- late in 20th century, Europe is rebuilt and strong, no one is a communist except for a couple of small pee-on countries

- America refuses to believe they can be usurped and screw things up since they seemed to have all the answers for so long - Britain probably thought the same thing the previous century...... so did the Mongols, Egyptians, Romans, French and Ottomans before them

- America keeps getting greedy and lazy like they have the past several decades and finally the last straw(s) came when they fought their usual war-a-decade and decided to let loving caring bankers screw the country over

all civilly worded comments welcome

I am Canadian too and have no agenda either.. thanks for the input but something specific please

Favorite Answer

Pretty good, but you left out paranoia over communism, and the subsequent witch hunts; helping to put Saddam in charge, helping the Taliban fight the Russians (we all know now who the lesser evil was), oh yeah, since then they have finished off Mr Hussein and fought against the Taliban, but in the 80s they pretty much gave them free bazookas; helping to install Pinochet, the Chilean dictator, during an infamous coup; sending 18 year old boys to die in Vietnam; treating black people like dogs; not helping South Korea like they did Iraq (South Korea has no oil). I love Americans, don't let me be misunderstood. It's just your government's impact over history, especially diplomacy and foreign policy which rile me. The best thing America did was go after Saddam, but they did it for all wrong reasons. And don't anyone say it wasn't for the oil, otherwise why haven't they gone in to North Korea, Kim Jung Il is more of a lunatic than Saddam.

Makes me kinda wonder what happened to that first guy... Do you suppose his neighbors stoned him to death for insulting them? Honestly, I don't see why we need to hurl either stones OR insults, or how hurling insults makes us "civilized". It seems to me that "civilized" people could learn to respect one another, or at least, to quote another wise person, "if you haven't anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." I'm sure the first person to say that was a mother....

Your question... many elements of truth, but obscured with agenda. Let the agenda go if truth is your real objective

• Yes it does

first, there is too much to read.

second, i live in canada and even we dont learn tht much about the us.