Why are the Atheists less respectful in their answers than Christians, who cite passages and say God Bless?

27 Answers

Relevance
  • Best Answer

Problee cuz athetits are so cool!

• 9 years ago

Now why in the world would an atheist cite passages from the buy-bull and say god bless when both are considered products of delusional thinking?

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Christians quote passages from a proven fairy tale and expect us to accept it as a truth. They deny any scientific research and expect us to accept their denigration of science by quoting things like the piltdown man saying fossil research is false. The piltdown man was proven a fraud in 1940 and millions of fossils since then have been discovered and proven true yet that is all they can focus on. Why do they then say Ray Comfort and his banana theory is an aberration we should ignore when it is so recent and has had nothing since then refute his stupidity.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I cite passages from Finnegans Wake, and I say James Joyce bless.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Ray M
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

As a Christian, I have to say - this is often not true. I've seen some pretty nasty questions and answers from self-proclaimed Christians, which just shows some understand their own faith less than they think.

I've also seen many atheists who are very polite and respectful of others' beliefs.

• 9 years ago

That ain't respect, that's disrespectful. It's a way to display a moral high ground you think you have. A lot of my answers I am sometimes quite dismissive, but only when it's a ridiculous question. If they're nice then I just answer nicely, give my view across. But there's just so many stupid stupid points. And the amount of times I've been told I'll burn is shocking, so that ain't true matey...

• 9 years ago

They say God Bless to troll or mock, not to respect.

• John J
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

If I am ever disrespectful, it's usually because some half-wit fundie nutter has cited bible passages at me, and ended with the offensive and pitiful 'god bless'. Got that?

• 9 years ago

Maybe cause we are more mature?

We know only we can insult ourselves and dont give into preasure. We don't need a crutch and can handle the truth - therfor its not an insult.

Besides you know nothing of respectfulness untill you look both ways before you cross the road.

• Dawn G
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

I don't find citing (Biblical) passages and saying "God Bless." especially respectful.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Respect is in the eye of the beholder. Look both ways before posting.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.