What are some good books (preferably series) to read?

I need some good books to read that have romance, but also have something exciting action going on, not just the sappy love story plot. Stories about fallen angels would be best

p.s.

i've already read (and loved) the mortal instruments, the hunger games, hush hush & crescendo, fallen & torment, harry potter, twilight, splendor falls, fire & graceling, as well as beautiful creatures & beautiful darkness, as well as shiver. Anything similar to those books would be great.

THANKS!

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Vampire Novels

-Night World series by L.J Smith

-House of Night series by Kirsten and P.C Cast

-Vampire Diaries series by L.J Smith

-Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead

-Evernight series by Claudia Gray

-Sucks to Be Me: The All-True Confessions of Mina Hamilton, Teen Vampire (maybe) by Kimberly Pauley (+ sequel, Still sucks to be me...)

-Jessica's Guide to Dating on The Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey

-Morganville Vampires series by Rachel Caine

-Bite me by Melissa Francis

-Vampire kisses series by Ellen Schreiber

-Peeps by Scott Westerfeld (+ sequel, The Last Days)

-Look for me by the moonlight by Mary Downing Hahn

-Blue Bloods series by Melissa de la Cruz

Supernatural Books

-Darkest Powers trilogy by Kelly Armstrong

-Need series by Carrie Jones

-Curse Workers series by Holly Black

-Tattoo & Fate by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

-Wake trilogy by Lisa McMann

-The Immortals series by Alyson Noel

-Shade series by Jeri Smith-Ready

-Nevermore by Kelly Creagh

-Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

-The Ghost and the Goth by Stacey Kade

-The Maximum Ride series by James Patterson

Dystopian fantasy

-Skinned trilogy by Robin Wassermann

-Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld

-Gone series by Micheal Grant

Miscellaneous

-Pretty Little liars series by Sara Shepard

-Girl at Sea by Maureen Johnson

-Perfect Chemistry trilogy by Simone Elkles

-Reincarnation by Suzanne Weyn

-Gallagher Girls series by Ally Carter

-Audrey Wait by Robin Benway

-Teen Idol by Meg Cabot

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

You have a good and eclectic taste in reading. while I'm an older reader and avoid on the teen stuff like Vampire romance and Harry Potter type stuff, you Have read many of the books I have and like. The suggestion about Preston and Child novels is a good one. I like their books. A writer I have recently started reading is James Rollins, interesting and exiting adventure novels. If you don't mind old style discovery/adventure of lost worlds and civilizations or semi-historical fiction with sometimes almost supernatural overtones, check out H. Rider Haggard (King Solomon's Mines, SHE, The People of the Mist and many others) I love his stories. Dan Browns's novels are good. Try Alexandre Dumas, too, for the Musketeers series. Tess Gerritsen is good too (The TV show Rizzoli and Isles is based upon her novels. If you like Bones and Scarpetta, then Tess Gerritsen is right up your alley.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

-Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart. 3 books in the series, long but good! Not sure if it's super similar but try it!

-David Clement-Davies:

Any of them, but especially Fire Bringer and The Sight

The Giver by Lois Lowry

-Carolyn Meyer

Doomed Queen Anne

-Any Stories about the royal Tudors/ Tudor monarchs in England/ any of King Henry VIII's wives

-Robin McKinley:

Spindle's End

Believe it or not, Nancy Drew mysteries are good! The Hardy Boys also...Give 'em a try.

Margaret Peterson Haddix:

Missing Series: Found, Sent, and Sabotaged

The Shadow Children Series: Among the Hidden, Among the Impostors, Among the Betrayed, Among the Barons, Among the Brave, Among the Enemy, Among the Free

Archangel by Sharon Shinn

(first in Samaria series)

Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett

Tell Tale Heart by Edgar Allen Poe

Blackangel- Graham Masterton

Source(s): Good books that I really enjoyed
  • 1 decade ago

The Puerta Tempus.

It has a very intricate plot line. A lot of Twilight fans love it for the vampire/romance aspect. I know I do.

I recommend the e-book though if that's an option for you since hard copy is a little expensive.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Try stuff by Tamora Pierce. She's put out a lot of series

you might also like J.R. Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood series

and there's also the classic JRR Tolkien's Lord of the Rings

• 1 decade ago

Alex rider is a great series, as well as Cherub. also, the secrets of the immortal nicholas flamel series Aka the alchemyst series as most people refer to them.the maximum ride series by james patterson is a fantastic series it has some romance but not "sappy" if you end up liking the alex rider and cherub series then u can try the young bond series by charlie higson(also the Enemy by him as well) also the Heir series ie. the ,warrior heir the wizard heir, the dragon heir all by cinda williams chima.

Source(s): uhm my bookshelf.
  • 1 decade ago

The Belgariad series by David Eddings

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Belgariad

The Gemma Doyle Trilogy by Libba Bray

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libba_Bray

The Avalon series by Marion Zimmer Bradley

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mists_of_avalon

While none of in the Earth's Children series have a horror/magic theme, they are a interesting prehistoric reality

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth%27s_Children

• 1 decade ago

Soullless, Changeless, Blameless (The Parasol Protectorate series) by Gail Carriger (urban fantasy / steampunk / romance - vampires, werewolves)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Maximum Ride by James Patterson is a favorite of mine. It's about kids who were experimented on and now they have wings. I've read about 1/2 the books on your list.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The Fetch– Laura Whitcomb

A Certain Slant of Light - Laura Whitcomb

• La
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I would have to suggest James Patterson's Maximum Rider series. I purchased these for my teenage niece and she loved them. Hope I have helped you.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.