Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingToddler & Preschooler · 1 decade ago

my toddlers eye lid is red?

so the bottom eye lid of her right eye is really really red. it was fine this morning but keeps getting redder. shes alittle fussy and her nose is running. cold she have pink eye or is the redness just a symptom of a cold. i just want a secound opinion befour i take her in

Update:

no there are no bumps

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Is there a bump or raised area on the lid? If so, it's a sty or stye? Nothing to worry about. Just take a warm washcloth and keep it on the eye for about two minutes at a time every once in awhile. Should go away within the day. If it doesn't go away within 3 days or so, I would say take her to the doctor because she could have conjunctivitis (pink eye) which will need to be treated with some drops.

Source(s): Always messed with my eyes as a little one, so had pink eye and styes regularly-needless to say my parents were half crazy with me haha
  • 4 years ago

If this is not have been given any worse in 2 days, and that they at the instant are not swollen this is possibly not something to rigidity approximately. the only different element i will think of of is the start of a few form of eye an infection, like conjunctivitis, nonetheless you have not stated any discharge. it particularly is properly worth taking him to the healthcare expert to make optimistic.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.