What is Scouts real name?-To kill a mocking bird?

her real name is Jean Louise? how do you think she got the name Scout?

Favorite Answer

As several others mentioned, her full name is Jean-Louise Finch. (that was a question on a quiz at my school and when the teacher asked it, someone asked "Will you give credit for ingeniously defended wrong answers?" LOL! While not directly stated in the novel, Scout's nickname comes from her innate curiosity and willingness to question why things are the way they are. She teaches herself to read, an indication of her curiosity and thirst for knowledge.

Source(s): read the book

Yeah, I'm pretty sure her real name is Jean Louise. How she got the name Scout, I can't remember, I must read the book again.

Jean Louise “Scout” Finch - The narrator and protagonist of the story. Scout lives with her father, Atticus, her brother, Jem, and their black cook, Calpurnia, in Maycomb. She is intelligent and, by the standards of her time and place, a tomboy. Scout has a combative streak and a basic faith in the goodness of the people in her community. As the novel progresses, this faith is tested by the hatred and prejudice that emerge during Tom Robinson's trial. Scout eventually develops a more grown-up perspective that enables her to appreciate human goodness without ignoring human evil. Aunt Alexandra - Atticus's sister, a strong-willed woman with a fierce devotion to her family. Alexandra is the perfect Southern lady, and her commitment to propriety and tradition often leads her to clash with Scout.

Jean Louise Finch is her full name.

I think Jem gave her that nickname but i'm not for sure

Source(s): read the book

Just a nickname I suppose.

That was a good book BTW =)