How will Qatar deal with Western women and gay people during the World Cup?

Now that it's official that Qatar will host the 2022 World Cup, will it change it's laws so that women can dress however they want, and gay people can openly go out without fear of being sent to prison?? I mean, what's wrong with FIFA choosing a country that still needs A LOT of things to fix internally before it can suit the needs of the FANS who attend the event? South Africa and Brazil may be compared to Qatar but these countries have no laws discriminating against women, gays, and everyday activities (drinking, bikini at the beach, etc.).

Best Answer

Simple, they will kill them. Qatar is not a very tolerant nation.

You do not have the perception of what Qatar is like. You think it is a conservative country where there is no freedom. Of course it is not true, but everyone is free to do what they want in private.

Yeah in US show me a place in a city where they allow bikini clad women? Other than near the beach they are free to do. Yeah similarly they have private beaches all westerners are free to do so. Yeah Alcohol is not in the open or can be consumed, but in private you can do whatever you want. Gay people are every where and every country. How is US treating the gay people? Don't ask Don't tell policy. The same goes in Qatar. Publicly not everyone can do just like in US.

Check the Qatar and google it and find it for yourself or ask a westerner who has been in Qatar.

At last a sensible question from someone who knows Qatar.

Qatar will have to do more than change the Laws when 500,000 Beer drinking Football fans and 30,000 ladies from Eastern Europe, Africa and Asia ( to entertain the 500,000 ) it will have to change it's name to Sodom and Gomorrah !!

God help the people of Qatar - they do not know what they have let themselves in for

It is illegal to show or drink alcohol in public too (only upscale clubs sell it).

But these are minor issues, that I am sure exemptions may be made for the WC. There's only 1.6 million people in the country after all ... wouldn't put them out too much for a few weeks.

Qatar has said that they will make some exceptions and i'm sure that as the time approaches more exceptions will be made

http://www.thenational.ae/sport/football/qatar-wou...

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/10112009/58/world-cu...

How would the US or England have dealt with Arabs, middle easterners or people with Islamic names if we had hosted? I think we would have handled measures correctly and I think Qatar will too. They will make some exceptions for the WC.

I think they should be forced to abide by a basic civil rights or a new country should be chosen. There will be women athletes btw, and I don't think they will be covered and some might be gay.

my familys from the middle east, my mom says qatar is a nice country, its not what you think

What happens if Israel qualifies in 2022?

• Seti I

This is what i'm waiting for also.