Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSkin Conditions · 10 years ago

Bed Bugs or just a rash?? Please Help ASAP!?

Had been sleeping at my bf's for the past two nights & when I got home later in the evening a few days ago I jumped into the shower & noticed I had 12-15 little red, itchy bumps scattered on my one lower thigh/ knee area.

Thought not much of it, figured rinsing it in the shower would rid them..

But its now the second day & they're still here, infact hav maybe 1 or 2 more & they dont look like they're going away..

I slept in my own bed last night, and before jumping into the shower I had on my own sweatpants that were from my room..

So if these are bed bugs they could be from my room, doubtfully his since he hasnt mentioned having anything of this sort himself.

You think its bed bugs? How do I get rid of the bites on my legs (besides washing my sheets, I dont want these bumps on my legs...)

Thnx in Adv!

Favorite Answer

Each person will react different to Bed Bug bites.

Bed Bugs which can be difficult to spot are becoming even tougher to eradicate as they spread and their resistance to some pesticides grows. In response, pest-control companies are adopting new tactics. There has been a huge rise in infestation within homes and hotels.

Bedbugs are slightly smaller than an apple seed and hide in the folds and seams of mattresses and other furniture, emerging at night to feed on a warm-blooded host. Part of what makes bedbugs so tricky to eradicate is that the insects aren’t confined to the bed. They live in drapes, behind wall hangings, in the cracks of wall plaster and even in light fixtures and electronics. Further complicating matters, a female can deposit tiny eggs around a room. The bugs are transported from one location to another in luggage or clothing; pests experts say the bugs likely accompany traveler’s home from their hotels or enter a house on second hand furniture.

One way to deal with bed bugs is by sealing your mattress and pillows with a plastic or hypoallergenic zipped cover. This traps the bugs that are inside your pillow and prevents them from feeding and kills them over time - remember, a nymph can live for two months without feeding; an adult can survive more than 12 months!

The Best way to get rid of them is Cryonite!!!

Cryonite is CO2 (carbon dioxide) is snow that is pressurized (750 lbs. per square inch and does not need a regulator )and when applied in thin layers kills bed bugs and other insects by rapid flash freezing of the fluids in their cells causing instant death.

Not only does Cryonite kill bed bugs and other pests, but kills bed bugs in all their stages including eggs that other insecticide treatments cannot kill. It is the best killer of Bed Bugs, better than extreme heat, steam or pesticides. Steam cannot get into electrical outlets. With Cryonite there is no reoccurrence and no adaptation.

Cryonite is an organic, natural and environmentally friendly product. There are no smells, will not stain, or health implications when Cryonite is used. The CO2 used is food grade quality and presents no risk of contamination, even in sensitive industries. Rogers Foods, Pepsi Inc. and General Mills are clients of ours. It is safe for all kitchens

If anyone needs more info on Cryonite please contact me at shane@restassuredmc.com

Washing everything for sure with hot water and bleach. White clothes that is, sheets, etc.. You might want to get some warm soapy water with a little bleach and put in a bucket and a scrub brush and wash your mattrress and dry outside. Don't add too much bleach because it will tear your bed. For as to the rash, go to the Dr. to confirm what it is and he will give you medicine for it.

• Tamara

A doctor will be able to tell you for sure, go to the doc.