Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (Soccer)FIFA World Cup (TM) · 9 years ago

Can they even fit all the stadiums and tourists for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar?

Qatar is smaller than connecticut, how the hell are they going to fit all the stadiums, hold all the tourists, deal with all the global activity coming into the country and make all the tourists feel comfortable in 100+ degree weather in the summer? I dont see it realistically happening.

Best Answer

As a Portuguese I feel a little bit frustrated too with this decision, but I can understand the it.

Russia is a developing country like South Africa and Brazil (2014) and Qatar is an islamic nation, the first one in the middle east to host this kind of event. Football can be a good instrument for tolerance I guess. However I have doubts about Russia`s capacity to "reduce" its size when hosting the World Cup. It`s like you`re going to a stadium in Europe and the next day in Japan or China. Qatar is probably a very interesting place to visit but then I guess it will be a little bit difficult to play in a heat of 45ºC in June.

Qatar can do it.

I have this strange feeling that Qatar will be the greatest world cup ever.

South Africa is a developing Country and we did it. i believe Qatar will waka waka it. Congratulations to Qatar

It is going to work

I've been to Qatar and its amazing

yeah and 95% of qatar is desert

Did you know that with 8000 pounds of pressure you can compress a human into a one inch cube! So, of course you can fit everyone.

thank you all for supporting as sheikh Mohammed said

we wont disappoint you

and as one of the answers said we have many empty spaces "deserts" as you say so its gonna fit

we arabs are a very welcoming ppl i know u think bad about us but this is the chance to prove many wrong

by the way we have cars :P i hate it when they represent us on movies on top of camels

Plus you want be able to drink in public nor at the games!