? asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 10 years ago

What can I make with ground beef?

Other than meatloaf, hamburgers or spaghetti... or hamburger helper.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

sloppy Joes or Swedish meatballs.... here is my recipe for both

Sloppy Joes

Ingredients

1 lb lean ground beef

½ cup diced onion

½ cup diced green pepper

1/2 cup catsup

1 tablespoon brown sugar

2 teaspoons vinegar

1 teaspoon prepared mustard

1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

1 can chicken gumbo soup (undiluted)

Directions

Brown beef, onion and pepper until meat is browned and vegetables are softened.

Drain beef mixture. Add the remaining ingredients. Simmer over medium heat 10-15 minutes to combine flavors.

Spoon meat mixture onto buns and serve.

Swedish Meatballs

INGREDIENTS

1 2/3 cups evaporated milk

2/3 cup chopped onion

1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon allspice

1 dash pepper

1 pound ground round

2 teaspoons butter

4 beef bouillon cubes

2 cup boiling water

1 cup cold water

4 tablespoons all-purpose flour

2 cup evaporated milk

2 tablespoon lemon juice

DIRECTIONS

1. Combine 2/3 cup evaporated milk, onion, crumbs, salt, allspice and pepper. Add meat; mix well, chill.

2. Shape meat mixture into 1-in. balls. In large skillet, brown meatballs in butter.

3. Dissolve bouillon cubes in boiling water; pour over meatballs and bring to boil over medium heat. Cover; simmer for 15 minutes.

4. Meanwhile, blend together cold water and flour. Remove meatballs from skillet, skim fat from pan juices and reserve juices. Stir 1 cup evaporated milk and flour/water mixture into pan juices in skillet; cook, uncovered, over low heat, stirring until sauce thickens.

5. Return meatballs to skillet. Stir in lemon juice.

Serve with cooked noodles that have been tossed with poppy seeds and butter.

• 10 years ago

You can make a vegetable beef soup, which is what I have done on occasions where there isn't much left in the cabinet. Mix two cans of mixed veggies in with the beef after you cook and drain the meat, than add what ever else you want, cook on med. heat for a bit letting the seasoning an juices sock in to the beef. Good on cold days too.

Source(s): Self taught.
  • 10 years ago

Sarah-Here's a few ideas to consider...

1. Salisbury Steak (Basically it's a savory ground beef (combined with eggs, breadcrumbs & seasoning) patty shaped like a steak. You can panfry or broil it. Serve it with mashed potatoes & mixed vegetables. But I like it over rice. Universally, there are variations of this: The Hamburg Steak (a la Hamburg, Germany and Japan). The Japanese also serve it with gravy as well but sometimes they put a curry gravy over it on a bed of steamed rice. In Hawaii, you can find it on "plate lunch" menus known as "Loco Moco". It is served atop a bed of rice, with gravy and a sunnyside up egg. You usually get a macaroni salad and kimichi with it. You can also order Korean ribs or Portuguese longanisa sausage. It's a "crazy mixed up" lunch that derived from the "mix" of cultures that settled in Hawaii. I usually was quite substantial in calories because it was derived from the lunchboxes of mostly field workers who needed a big lunch to get them through the end of the day.

2. "S.O.S". - In the Army this stands for "Sh*t On the Shingles"...as they joked about, "What's for breakfast?" All this really is is browned ground beef combined with a piping hot white gravy (or Campbells Cream of Mushroom Soup if you are really in a pinch) and served over two pieces of toast. My dad used to make this when we were little kids and went camping. He would wear his old Army jacket and I guess would have "flashbacks of the chow in the mess hall". haha You can also find variations of this where is it called "Chipped Beef on Toast". They basically breakdown a left over roast beef and use it instead of ground beef.

3. Stuffed Vegetables (Bellpeppers, Tomatoes, Squash, Onions)

Basically all you do is make a meatloaf mixture. Then, you take any of the vegetables like I mentioned above and slice off the top of them. Regarding the bell peppers, you might want to keep the top to use as a lid of sorts for presentation. Clean out the middle with a spoon and stuff them with the meatloaf mixture. Set the stuffed vegetables in an oiled baking dish. You can top them off with marinara sauce if you like it and a sprinkle of seasoned bread crumbs and chopped parsley. Bake at about 375 degrees covered with foil at first for about 30-45 min. or until the center of the meat mixture is done. Then, run under the broiler to brown at the end. There are tons of recipes online as well.

Enjoy!

Source(s): I'm a personal chef.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

Make a nice spicy chilli

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

Chili!

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Meatballs

Lasagne

Gravy mince

Tacos

Ravioli

Sausages

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Meatloaf

Hamburgers

Salisbury steak

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

chile pastsa meat ball

• 10 years ago

Tacos!!!

• 10 years ago

sheppards pie, nachos, burrito, tacos

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.