What Is Lobbying?(In Simplest Terms Possible Please)?

Okay so for my social studies project I need to know what lobbying means but every where I look it's like really hard to understand.. Could someone please sum it up for me in a way I could understand please :)

Favorite Answer

Description of lobbying - Columbia Encyclopedia

Lobbying, practice and profession of influencing governmental decisions, carried out by agents who present the concerns of special interests to legislators and administrators.

The ....Search ResultsLobbying - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Overview|Lobbying by country|Etymology|See alsoLobbying (also Lobby) is a form of advocacy with the intention of influencing decisions made by legislators and officials in the government by individuals, other legislators, constituents, or advocacy groups. A lobbyist is a...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lobbying - Cached.

What is Lobbying?

What is Lobbying? Although lobbying is an ancient art — as old as government itself — it is still frequently viewed with suspicion. It is, in fact, a legitimate ...

www.alldc.org/publicresources/lobbying.cfm - Cached

Lobbying Ethics

An introduction to the ethical considerations in lobbying the government ... Lobbying Ethics By Judy Nadler and Miriam Schulman These materials were prepared for the Markkula ...

www.scu.edu/.../government_ethics/introduction/lobbying.html - Cached

What Is Lobbying?

What is Lobbying? To lobby means to influence or persuade public officials to take a desired action, usually to pass (or defeat) legislation. An effective lobbyist is ...

www.agt-info.org/WhatIsLobbying.aspx - Cached

l

obbying: West's Encyclopedia of American Law (Full Article ...

Any attempt by a group or individual to influence the decisions of government. The term originated in 19th-century efforts to influence the votes of legislators ...

www.answers.com/topic/lobbying - Cached

++++++++++++++++++++++

Source(s): Internet search.

Lobbying is simpling going to your congressman and begging them to support a bill you like. Some groups, like National Rifle Association, NAACP, have many professional lobbyist that work for them. You can also go as just an individual and lobby (Beg) your congressman to pass your favorite bill.