Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 1 decade ago

Can you tell me more about the Holocaust?

This is not for homework. I am going for a phd in psychology, but not at the moment. I am just asking because it interests me.

1. Who did Hitler work closely with?

2. Why did Hitler use the Jewish people as a scapegoat?

3. Why did Hitler despise Communists?

4. Who, besides Jews, did Hitler kill?

5. How many people died in the Holocaust?

6. How many people in the Holocaust died of starvation? disease? torture? gas chamber? other form of murder?

thank you. merci

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Hitler worked fairly closely with the German people, he had approval. Jews were blamed for the betrayal at the treaty of Versailles where Jewish bankers profited heavily at the expense of Germany and Germans. They were trusted to broker a good deal for Germany but brokered a good deal for themselves. Jews took the blame for the action of these bankers. Communists? Another story. A long story. Hitlers regime killed Gypsies, mental defectives, physical defectives and malcontents. The true amount of deaths (directly or indirectly) will never be known. The propaganda of the victor became the history of the defeated.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The Holocaust (from the Greek ὁλόκαυστος holókaustos: hólos, "whole" and kaustós, "burnt"),[2] also known as The Shoah (Hebrew: השואה, HaShoah, "calamity"; Yiddish: חורבן, Churben or Hurban,[3] from the Hebrew for "destruction"), was the genocide of approximately six million European Jews during World War II.. Read more at :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Holocaust

• Nani
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Go to the library and check one of the books out in the area for children. You can get a good idea in about 15 minutes of reading and they have maps and pictures.

Source(s): Teacher
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Here is a site you may find helpful http://www.holocaust-history.org/

The main thing for you to learn is that by reviewing history things like this can never happen again.

Putting people in ghettos was a start....think about that and go from there.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

6000000 jews died in the holocaust

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.