Does anyone know any vegan toffee sauce recipes? or any vegan sauce that will go nicely with apple squares?

Update:

@ Vassilis: ???????

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Google Vegan sauce.

SDA

• Login to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

You can make a caramel type sauce with Raw Unrefined sugar, I buy a Cane Juice Extract, it is unfiltered so no chance of it being in contact with non vegan ingredients, Sugar in the Raw is available in most grocery stores, just add it and some water, cook until golden, add 1/2 to 1 cup of soya milk, off the heat, stir quickly and cook it until smooth if you like a thicker sauce tighten it up with a corn starch or Tapioca starch slurry, you can add vanilla soya milk or a bit of pure vanilla for flavour, it keeps to make enough and chill the remainder, we use to make a vegan bread pudding with this sauce when I was chef.

• Quinn
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

With apple squares try a vegan sugar with cinnamon as a dry dip. For a liquid dip, try vegan cream cheese with vegan sugar and cinnamon in it. Be creative, use your imagination. Goodluck

Source(s): Vegan
  • 9 years ago

Look for vegan dulche de leche recipes on Google.. I recently made one with coconut milk. It was okay, but next time I think I will use soy creamer or nut milk.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

use vegetable stock as a base

Sugar to taste

corn starch to thicken

and soy sauce to color

let simmer for rounds

chopped pineapple

grind with pecans

mint leaves

and a quarter teaspoon of freshly grated ginger.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.