Will my personality fit for being an environmental engineer?

I've always wanted to have a job that had to do with nature and/or preserving stuff and so I finally think I found what I want to be: environmental engineer. They make pretty good money and I'll be doing something that I love, working with the environment. Anyways, when I think of environmental engineering... show more I've always wanted to have a job that had to do with nature and/or preserving stuff and so I finally think I found what I want to be: environmental engineer. They make pretty good money and I'll be doing something that I love, working with the environment. Anyways, when I think of environmental engineering I think of someone who's strict and serious. I'm neither of those. I have a very imaginative personality and I'm optimistic and I dress kind of like a hippy.Not exactly but I tie bandannas around my forehead a lot and I wear Puka shell necklaces (those necklaces that surfers wear in hawaii) and I have one pair of glasses that are like John lennon's glasses. I also want to move close to the ocean and possibly work with the oceans and stuff as my job. Do I have to change to become an environmental engineer? I mean yeah of course I won't be wearing my street clothes on my job but I can't change my personality.