Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHomework Help · 1 decade ago

how can i make this paragraph shorter?

upid answers

The English king, William the Conqueror, achieved a decisive victory in the Battle of Hastings that is suggested from his depiction in "Bayeux Tapestry.” After William won the battle, he needed to take order of his new kingdom as some cities were still populated with Saxons. William’s army was forced to crush many rebellions to take over England. 1069-70 was the time of the “Harrying of the North,” a period where William’s army burned villages and murdered locals. After conquering a city, wooden castles were built outside Saxon towns to prevent rebellions. Defeated Saxons were forced to build the castles. The Saxons hated the Normans, as they were treated harshly and they took their land. During war, and the battle of Hastings, the Normans had a unique defense tactic. Horses were dominant. A charging horse gave a knight extra height and more power to lance a sword. Normans weld wooden shields, daggers, spears, crossbows, battle-axes, and javelins. Distinctive symbols are expressed in the tapestry. One distinctive symbol is weapons such as swords, shields, and crossbows which symbolized power and strength. In the tapestry, hawk represents a predator and power. Castles displayed represent the Norman community, intimidation, and defense. A useful symbol was the sailboats, which symbolized transportation and to hold cargo. Another transportation symbol was the horse, which also helped soldiers to fight. A common symbol was the livestock to feed the community, such as cows, pigs, sheep, and goat. Overall the Normans were omnipotent, and had productive defense tactics, which interested me to choose this topic. In my opinion I believe that the Normans had a masterful defense system, which allowed them to take over England, stop rebellions, and never allow England to be invaded again. The Normans war tactics influenced their technique to medieval clans, to neighboring countries, and today it gave us an idea of the Normans lifestyle, and understand that the English civilization will prevail.

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The English king, William the Conqueror, achieved a decisive victory in the Battle of Hastings from his depiction in "Bayeux Tapestry.” After winning battle, William (useanother word here) --> (needed) to take order of his new kingdom as some cities were still populated with Saxons.In orderto take over england, his army was forced to crush many rebellions. 1069-70 the “Harrying of the North,” a period where William’s army burned villages and murdered locals. After conquering a city, wooden castles were built outside Saxon towns to prevent rebellions. Defeated Saxons were forced to build the castles. Saxons hated the Normans,(who was treated harshly?) they were treated harshly and their land was taken from them. During war and the battle of Hastings, the Normans had a unique defense tactic; charging horses gave knights extra height and more power to lance a sword. Normans weld wooden shields, daggers, spears, crossbows, battle-axes, and javelins. Distinctive symbols are expressed in the tapestry. These were weapons used during battle such as swords, shields, and crossbows which symbolized power and strength. In the tapestry, hawk represents a predator and power. Castles represented the Norman community, intimidation, and defense. A useful symbol was the sailboats, which symbolized transportation and held cargo. Another transportation symbol was the horse, which also helped soldiers during battle. The livestock ( a common symbol) was used to feed cows, pigs, sheep, and goat. Overall the Normans were omnipotent, and had productive defense tactics, that I found very interested to write about...?. (you don;t have to say in my opinion because we know its your beleif) I believe that the Normans had a masterful defense system, which allowed them to take over England, stop rebellions, and stop the envasions of England forever. The Normans war tactics influenced their technique to medieval clans and neighboring countries. Today it has given us an idea of the Norman's lifestyle, and it has helped us understand that the English civilization will prevail.

Source(s): Well i dont know if I made it shorter but you certainly needed my adjustments it's qood though!
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.