Does the name of Jesus also imply ...a doorway into... the entrance of Heaven?

What are some of the many meanings of the name... Jesus Christ? Please choose one and answer what it means.. and please if you can, answer the above...

is there any... meaning... in Jesus as being the doorway to Heaven? in the now, in the then, in the here, and in the there?

No thumbs down from me...!

• seth
    Best Answer

Great Q. dear sister!

The Name of Jesus is simply Awesome and "Wonderful" to say the Least!

When the Angel of the Lord was asked for His Name by Manoah...he simply replied

Jdg 13:18 "Why askest thou thus after my name, seeing it is secret?"

This word for "secret" is פּליא פּלאי "pil'ı̂y pâlı̂y'"

pil-ee', paw-lee'

From H6381; remarkable: - secret, WONDERFUL.

Jdg 13:18 And the Angel of Jehovah said to him, Why do you ask after My name in this way? Yea, it is Wonderful. (MKJV)

This is also how i feel about the Awesome and Holy Name of Jesus....for it is a Name Given by the Most High Himself to His Only Begotten Son....The Prince of Life, the Prince of Peace....and as we see the breakdown of the origin of His Name, may we see indeed...that it IS also like a DOORWAY!

In the Greek His Name is Ἰησοῦς "Iēsous"

ee-ay-sooce'

Of Hebrew origin [H3091]; Jesus (that is, Jehoshua), the name of our Lord and two (three) other Israelites: - Jesus.

And so we look into the Hebrew Origin of this Name to see that it is יהושׁע יהושׁוּע

yehôshûa‛ yehôshûa‛

yeh-ho-shoo'-ah, yeh-ho-shoo'-ah

From H3068 and H3467; Jehovah-saved; Jehoshua (that is, Joshua), the Jewish leader: - Jehoshua, Jehoshuah, Joshua. Compare H1954, H3442.

NOW... when we see that Jesus is actually Two Names in One (very prophetic of the One Mediator between God and Man) ("The Man Christ Jesus")) Like a DOOR WAY...Literally

Those two words are "Yehova" and "Yasha"

יהוה

yehôvâh

yeh-ho-vaw'

From H1961; (the) self Existent or eternal; Jehovah, Jewish national name of God: - Jehovah, the Lord. Compare H3050, H3069.

ישׁע

yâsha‛

yaw-shah'

A primitive root; properly TO BE OPEN, wide or free, that is, (by implication) to be safe; causatively to free or succor: - X at all, avenging, defend, deliver (-er), help, preserve, rescue, be safe, bring (having) salvation, save (-iour), get victory.

Dear Sister, when I started this answer I did not know that "Yasha" meant "to be OPEN, wide, free"...What an awesome Truth and confirmation to me that God is working among us, and revealing Himself!

The Very Name of Jesus, not only means "Savior".... But is "Yehova is now Open wide" through the Door of His Son, "the Alpha" Entrance IN to COME to MEET "the Everlasting Father" who "inhabits all of Eternity"....and He is also "the Omega" END...the Exit to go out and Find Pasteur IN the Everlasting Father!

Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.

All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.

I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall GO IN AND OUT, and FIND PASTEUR. John 10:7-9 (( Jesus understood that the proper name "Yasha" means to BE OPEN WIDE, Like a DOOR... He said "I AM THE DOOR"!....I just A~door Him! : )

A Psalm of David. The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

He makes me to lie down in green pastures: he leads me beside the still waters.

He restores my soul: he leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake.

Psalm 23:1-3

Lastly, this Doorway to Heaven is also seen here:

Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall: For so AN ENTRANCE shall be ministered unto you abundantly into THE EVERLASTING KINGDOM of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. 2 Peter 1:10-11

This glorious ENTRANCE is to be "ministered unto US abundantly"....("Open, Wide, Free") Just Like Jesus Name unveiled!...

Much love to YOU and to ALL, and thank you for asking this wonderful Q!....God bless us every one!

• jan d

Kar... Loves Golden ♥ ♥ ♥'s!

Jesus is the only way with out him there is nothing....For he is the gateway to heaven ....

God allowed his Son Jesus to be crucified on the cross so you and I could be saved. When Jesus died on earth, he took all our sins with him. He accepted our punishment, so we wouldn't have to suffer. If you truly believe in Jesus, you can have everlasting life. This means that when you die you will live again, just like Jesus did. And our new home will be in heaven.

Jhn 14:6 Jesus told him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.

May God bless you love Jan

He is the mediator between the real and the unreal. In a higher sense of good, one finds there never was an entrance to anywhere, for this would preclude infinity (as if that were a possibility) which was before the world of errors tried to recreate all things without substance, namely mortal thought.

• Clay

Why are you...pausing between...words? Is it....for...dramatic effect?

Jesus comes from the same root as Joshua, meaning "Jehovah is salvation", and Christ (while not an actual part of his name, but a title) comes from the Hebrew "Messiah", meaning "anointed".

None of this name really relates to a "doorway to Heaven", unless you want to rip it to metaphorical shreds.

Jesus actually is Joshua in the original languages, meaning deliverer.

Christ means Messiah, the sent One.

Jesus is the Messiah, the fulfilling of Deut. 28, Genesis 3, etc.

An extremely important question!

Which of the seven heaven's do you speak of?

May you discover the correct answer.

~~~~~

Jesus (English translation)

Isa (Arabic)

La ilaha illa Allah 'Isa Ruh Allah. (Arabic)

There is no god other than Allah, and Jesus is the soul of Allah. (English translation)

~~~~~

*footnote - Shyness is not one this old fools inherent qualities.

1. There are seven distinct heavens.

2. There are seven distinct levels of human consciousness.

3. The eighth heaven (Firdaus) is for Allah (God) alone.

4. Depending upon ones level of consciousness upon passing over (the souls transition), truly determines which heaven one is sent to and are designated to consider a residence, to further ones individual study of the Creator. The Creator is most patient!

Everything is not as it appears to be, on planet Earth, dear sister.

There is so much to study and learn.

Peace be always with you.

Salaams,

Source(s): a small insignificant sufi student and brother....

Jesus is the doorway which I choose.

He is always faithful to his promises.

The Most Holy name of "Jesus" means "God Saves".

This is the Good News, God saves YOU from your sins and freely gives you eternal life with Him. Believe in Jesus' death and Resurrection! God bless you! =-)

Two Sons Jesus has (is) two doors:

- Door 1: Law... the trap door, the snare

- Door 2: Grace... the ever open door, way

pst: the door in Revelation 3 is Door 1

John 10:9 (King James Version)

I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

for more details see John 10