Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 9 years ago

will meal replacement shakes help fast weight loss?

I need to lose weight pretty fast...not a ton, maybe like 15lbs, and i know i should eat healthy and workout , but if i have a meal replacement shake for breakfast,lunch and a small healthy dinner, will i lose weight? i dont want a lot of protein in the shakes, i just need to know who has used them/if they will do what i want(healthy or unhealthy) and if anyone has lost weight. If so, how did u use the shakes and how long did it take to lose weight. feedback would be great!

Favorite Answer

I'm pretty partial with shakes because they really do not fill you up, and they can lead you to feel deprived rather quickly, causing a binge later.

Losing weight is ALL about calories in and calories out. That being said, yes meal replacement shakes WILL help you lose weight if at the end of the day, the calories that you expend are greater than what you have taken in.

Another downfall with shakes is that losing weight is really about a lifestyle change, so if you are not planning on drinking shakes as a meal replacement for the rest of your life, then I would strongly recommend you go a different way. Try planning your meals ahead of time to make sure that you are not going over your calorie allowance for the day, and that you are expending more calories than you are consuming.

Also, if you do decide to go with shakes, be very careful as to what the sugar content is. A lot of the time, these shakes are loaded with sugar, which causes the release of insulin (a hormone that causes your body to store anything in your bloodstream in your fat cells as quickly as possible when your blood glucose level is high)

I would recommend sticking to whole, natural foods. Not only will you be happier in the long run because you will actually be making a permanent change to your lifestyle (which is what keeps weight off in the long run, there is nothing worse than losing ten lbs only to gain it all back within a few months). There have also been a lot of studies regarding consuming liquid meals. They tend to digest more quickly, making you hungry much sooner, so you will actually end up eating more, or if you choose to ignore your hunger, you will feel starved.

Source(s): I am a registered dietitian.

1

Source(s): Easy Weight Loss Pills : http://PureGarciniaGet.com/WL/?uOA

2

Source(s): Hearthburn Relief http://renditl.info/AcidRefluxUltimateCure
  • Sandra

I've tried many diets and couldn't make anything work. Since having my first child, I've been carrying around an extra 30 pounds. This diet just made sense and showed me that everything I was doing before was wrong and a waste of my time.

The plan was so refreshing and so simple to follow. I did everything plan said and lost 23 pounds in the first three weeks. I'm now starting the diet again to lose 7 more pounds. This plan has changed my life.

Get started today!

This plan helped me.

8 hrs. sleep must. Your metabolism gets at its peak and burns fat.

8 glasses of water. Could be little less or more depending upon your frame. Flushes out system.

3 meals. Nature Made whole wheat(full of FIBER) keeps you filled and helps metabolism. Raw fruits

vegetables. Avoid snacks as it doesn't let system burn what you ate. You should be hungry for your

next meal or else wait. Set timings for sleep and meals. Along with this I followed a program that

offers free fiber pills.

Hope this helps

Determine your daily caloric intake. Losing weight is simply an activity. Lower your calories intake without starving. Remember to calculate your metabolism. The metabolism is a large part of your calories burned in an average day. To win the battle, know how many calories you consume in a day.

You can get rid of acid reflux and heartburn with this natural method https://tr.im/aE9Dn

Usually, heartburnThe most common symptom of acid reflux disease (also known as gastroespohageal reflux disease, or GERD). Heartburn feels like a burning pain in the center of the chest. It is caused by acid from the stomach backing up into the esophagus. is a symptom of acid reflux disease (GERD) Also known as Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD). Describes the condition of backflow of stomach acid into the esophagus which frequently happens when the lower esophageal sphincter (LES) relaxes more often than it should and/or at inappropriate times. The symptoms of acid reflux disease typically occur on 2 or more days a week.. And if you suffer from persistent heartburn on two or more days a week—and you’ve treated it and changed your diet—it could be due to acid refluxBackflow of stomach acid into the esophagus. Acid reflux frequently happens when the lower esophageal sphincter (LES) relaxes more often than it should and/or at inappropriate times. This allows harsh stomach juices to back up into the esophagus. disease. But only your doctor can tell you if these are signs of acid reflux disease.

Also include 10 grams involving fiber to satiate hunger longer and prevent bloating from constipation.

3

Source(s): Diabetes Natural Therapies http://ReverseYourDiabetes.netint.info/?l6FK

Possess one or two alcohol drinks everyday rather then a lot more