Is your car insurance company notified when you change your address on your license?

I'm moving at the end of this month to a new location and I was wondering will my auto insurance company automatically be notified by the registry, or do I have to contact them myself of my change of address. Thanks

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You must contact your agent to change ur address on your policy. This is a common mistake a lot of clients make when they move, change jobs, etc. The insurance does not get automatic updates from the DMV or anything. They only know what they are told from the client. We are only able to run MVR's (Motor Vehicle Reports) based on new applications, new driver's etc. You are responsible for updating any kinds of changes on your insurance. Ive dealt with this almost everyday at my job. People assume we know everything. You never know, the address change could cause a drop in your rates!! =)

Source(s): Insurance Agent
  • Ginger
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

You need to contact them. They might get a note from the post office, but with all that delay, you might miss a bill and then you have late fees, etc to worry about. Call them.

• 1 decade ago

It is up to you, not anyone else, to notify all those who need to be notified.

• 1 decade ago

No the DLVA Don't notify them, its up to you i'm afraid

Source(s): Personal Experience
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Peter
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

no, its up to you to do this, just make sure that they dont charge you " admin fees", they just might try,

• 1 decade ago

always remember, when in doubt,

always do the right thing.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You have to do it yourself

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.