I am unable to remove a starter on a chevy blazer!?

The starter on my 1998 Blazer went and I purchased a new one. My problem is that I have the wires and bolts removed but the space is to small for me to pull the starter out, anyone any suggestions?

OK I got it out, but it had to be beaten out and for the new one I can not get it in because the section that gets bolted on is too wide, I tried removing the exhaust but it doesn't make any difference. Any other ideas?

• roger
    Favorite Answer

what ever is in the way, has to come off or move, for example after market headers, you may have to loosen the engine mounting bolts, and carefully jack up one side of the engine to get clearence (keep the hood open) if its part of the steering, you may have to split a tie rod apart (or turn the steering wheel all the way to the oposite side, ok? you can do it!

If the exhaust is in the way it may have to loosened up alittle. Know those type problems can be tough sometimes but they will usually go in as they need to be turned and wiggled to get out.

Turn it a different direction it will come out.Take it out through the top if you have to,get up top and look.It will come out.