A question involving outer space?

okay

so i have always wondered about this

if i go outside right now

and lick the ground a couple of times

I would probably get sick right? ( well most likely anyway or I'll feel sick)

but what if i were to go to the moon or another planet like venus or mars

and lick the surface of those moon and planets?

would i become sick?

I would think no, because i dont think there is any living thing at all in those places ( bacterias or viruses) but i want to know for sure!!

can anyone with some knowledge in space answer for me? with some explanation too

thx!!

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    I see the gist of your question.

    Let's ignore, for the purpose of your question, the problems of removing your helmet in outer space. We'll scoop the dirt up with a vacuum, transfer it to your helmet, where you can then ingest it.

    There are 2 basic things that make the human body sick: Toxins and Micro-organisms.

    Our data indicates that there are no living micro-organisms in outer space.

    Next. We'll assume that there are no substances in the material you ingest that are toxic (such as mercury or lead).

    So, if there are indeed no toxins in the dirt you ingest (such as poisons, heavy metals, etc) and it's all just dirt and stardust, then no, you wouldn't get sick (provided that our data is correct in that there are no living micro-organisms in space).

    If you do become sick by ingesting this material (again, provided our data is correct about the micro-organisms), it would be from ingesting a toxic substance.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

    If you went to the moon or venus or mars, and took your helmet off to lick the ground. Trust me, you would get very sick indeed.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

    The moon is very cold and your tongue would stick to the ground,Mars is very very hot so you would burn the heck out of your tongue and Venus i am not sure so maybe 2 out of 3 you couldn't.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

    Yes, you would. the moment your tounge even got remotely close to the moons open atmosphere, it would swell up and explode! haha. so yeah, i would assume that you would feel pretty sick. seeing to the fact that you didnt die first.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • vescio
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

    there are possibly no jobs for issues like this. you will would desire to get your self a occupation. perhaps a level in Astrophysics or Exobiology. or you would be able to desire to grow to be an Astronaut and attain what I did no longer.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

    Ok... This question is really funny.... And yes because it's still dirt..... Dirt's not edable

    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.