GAY GUYS ONLY: does a compliment from a gay guy to a straight woman really count?

if a gay guy compliments a straight woman on her beauty, should she accept this as a sincere, genuine comment or is it more along the lines of him just being nice and making conversation? Am I making sense? In college, a lot of gay guys (and a few straight guys) told me I was beautiful. However, compliments from... show more if a gay guy compliments a straight woman on her beauty, should she accept this as a sincere, genuine comment or is it more along the lines of him just being nice and making conversation? Am I making sense? In college, a lot of gay guys (and a few straight guys) told me I was beautiful. However, compliments from gay guys just confuse me because I know that they are not interested in me (obviously) but yet, they say i'm beautiful-so does this make their comment meaningless? Or should I be glad that despite their sexual orientation, they know and appreciate a beautiful woman when they see one? I hope i am making sense. Sorry if my choice of wording offended anybody, that is definitely not the case.