Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 10 years ago

What are your thoughts on the name,Jocelyn Rosalie?

Jocelyn -- pronounced JOS-sa-linn -- Old German name meaning "A member of the German Tribe, the Gauts". Also possibly of Latin origin meaning "Cheerful". It is said that Jocelyn is possibly a feminine adaption of the Medieval boys name Josalind.

Rosalie -- pronounced RO-zah-lee -- Latin name meaning "Rose". A form of the name Rosalia.

Favorite Answer

I just love Jocelyn because it's uncommon and has a mysterious element to it. While I love the fact that you're not using poor overuse Rose as a middle name, I'm not a fan of Rosalie. Rosaline (Rose-a-leen) is my favorite Rose variant.

Jocelyn isn't really my type, but I LOVE Rosalie, and was on my top 3 name list. We decided not to use it because my fiances name is Jacob Edward and if we had a Rosalie, well, it'd be too Twilight-ish haha. But it is very pretty!

• nancey

i think of its an attractive call, and that i agree, i'm no longer prepared on Rosalia the two, it style of feels slightly...flouncy? I dont think of the Twilight is that super a handle Rosalie. Isabella, in all threat, yet I dont think of Rosalies been as tainted. i think of its stunning in honour of Rose. i like Rose and maximum Rose-correct names, yet i think of Rosalie is basically stunning - Rose is becomming slighty too trouble-free for me now in case you choose for different Rose correct names, listed under are a number of my wide-unfold innovations: Roseanna Roseanne Rosalind Rosamund Rosie Rosine Rosetta Rosemary - my very own wide-unfold

• ?

Jocelyn kinda sounds like a biker name to me... But I like Rosalie!

I like Rosalie a lot more than Jocelyn, but it's you decision

Jayde xxxx

Beautiful!

Beautiful!

i don't like it. i hate the name jocelyn and rosalie is alright.

I love both of them! Especially together

I love it!