Can you help me solve this math question (im too dumb to know the answer :[?

Hi. And yes. i know what your thinking. "wow, didn't this girl just ask us a different question like 5 minutes ago? WOW. CHEATER!" no. im not. I had my math exam i did mailed back to me so i could correct the problems i got wrong. I already did some of the questions my dad helped me with, but there was 4 questions that we didn't know how to do. I go to an online school, and i can't get any online tutors at the minute because were in the middle of christmas/new years break. i shall stop talking now.

___________________________________________________________________________

Question 1: Write an equation for a line parallel to the line through (1, -2) and (-3, 5)

Question 2: The Linear function d = 40t can be used to describe the motion of a certain car, where t represents the time in hours and d represents distance traveled, in miles. What does the coefficient, 40, represent in the equation? Include units with the answer.

Question 3: Given the following increasing numerical pattern, determine the type of relationship that exists (linear or quadratic) and justify your conclusion.

3, 6, 12, 24, 48, ...

Make an X and Y table and graph the relationship.

__________________________________________________________________________

Can you guys help me out with these questions :[?

And yes. i know what your thinking this time. "WOW. she doesn't know the answer to these questions? just. WOW." I know :[ because im retarded like that...

Thanks in advance again!<3333

Best Answer

Question 1: The slope of the line that passes through both of those points is -7/4.

Change in y over change in x.

5-(-2) / -3-1

7/-4 or -7/4

You have the slope of the line but think for a second. We also need to know the y intercept of this line because if we were to give a line that had the same y intercept, it would be the same line. It wouldn't be parallel.

So we find b using one of those two points:

y=mx + b

-2= -7/4 (1) = b

b=-1/4

The equation of this line is y= -7/4 - 1/4.

All you need to do now is write the equation of a line with that same slope AND a different b (y intercept) to be correct. For the sake of making things easy, you would be correct in saying that y = -7/4 is parallel to the line passing through (1, -2) and (-3, 5).

Question 2: This is the formula d=rt

40 represents the rate, which is distance/t or in this case miles per hour. You can easily see this if you isolate r and get r=d/t. Thus, 40mi/h.

Question 3: Well it is easy to see that this is a linear relationship. If you let x=each number, then you notice that 2x always yields the following number.

So. y=2x

X Y(output)

3 6

6 12

12 24

24 48

48 96

And you can clearly see the pattern.

You are not dumb, don't sweat it! We all had to learn this stuff and it's not easy at first.

what if someone gave you the wrong answer, lol

and idk sorry im learning it i failed.