Never had alcohol before..?

so im ignorant about what's what. I heard of wines, beer, whisky, brandy and others. But what the heck is the difference between them. and which of those will most likely get me drunk the fastest??

Favorite Answer

Everclear will get you drunk the fastest as it is 151 proof(75.5% alcohol) or can be 190 proof (95% alcohol). Proof =twice% alcohol. Be very careful with Everclear and liquor in general!!!! Spirits such as vodka and rum run around 120 to 80 proof. (60% to 40%). Wine is around 12% alcohol. Some specialty beers are up to 8%, but most beers, such as bud, miller, Heineken, etc are around 4%. Do not drink Everclear without mixing it with something!(you probably wouldn't be able to get it down anyways). Don't take too many shots in rapid succession, this is the easiest way to get alcohol poisoning! Always measure your mixed drinks(I use a standard shot glass). Take it slowly if you drink liquor!

• Megan

It's quite unusual that you have never tried alcohol before, but I don't think you're missing anything. I used to drink a bit throughout my teens but then stopped drinking when I was about 18 because I was really skint and couldn't afford it. Then I just got out the habit of it, and haven't touched alcohol for the past decade. Try it if you're interested but there's not much point really. You're probably better off without it.

• Linda

The main difference is in the way they are made. i would imagine you could google it.

Next question - why do you want to get drunk?

There is nothing wrong with taking a sip of each of them to see what they taste like but you should remember that they are chemicals and don't really belong in the human body. Have a little too much and the body reacts violently against them.

They are also addictive. If you keep drinking them you will not stop.

Other points to remember are alcohol is involved in 85% of fatal car crashes. With alcohol in you, you are no in longer in control of your mind. The alcohol is. There is nothing wrong with a glass of wine or beer with dinner but leave the rest of it to the idiots out there.

The main difference is the taste. All completely different from one another.

As far as what will get you drunk...a 12oz beer is equal to a glass of wine, is equal to a shot of hard liquor like whiskey. The average body can process no more than 1 drink per hour to keep from getting drunk.

each person has different amounts to get you drunk.

And the difference between each alchohol drinks is the taste, and the amount of alchohol inside.

each bottle has a percentage on it, the higher the percentage, the more there is.

EXAMPLE: beer has 4.5%

different wines can vary from around 10 - 20 or so %%

vodka:40%

Also, if you mix alchohol ( drink more than one alchohol beverage in one night) you risk more vulnerability to puking and losing control.

it depends on your size, the smaller you are, the easier you get drunk, the bigger, the harder.

so i say vodka could get you drunk pretty well and easily. :P

get a bottle of hennesy and drink till you cant drink no more.. btw hennesy is the ****!!!!

Source(s): experience