can a 16 yr old move out of parents home to someone out of family like a boyfriend or fiance?

my friend wants to move out of there dads home into there boyfriends home they live in georgia and can they get married ones 16 the others 18

5 Answers

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    you should talk some sense into her. Thats one of the dumbest things ive ever heard, all shes doing is throwing her life away for some guy when shes 16! chances are its not even going to work out for them.

    But a 16 year old and an 18 year old can get married if the 16 y/o has permission from their parents (it has to be official, and had gotten a letter made by a lawyer that they signed)

    she can move out but only if her parents are okay with it, otherwise its considered a runaway.

  • zurn
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

    in case you reside interior the U. S.... you could’t pass in with everybody without *the two* mum and dad permission. They have been idiots to permit you progression in with Boyfriend interior the 1st place (CPS could define that as an irrelevant atmosphere). and you will’t even see Boyfriend without *the two* mum and dad permission. You won’t get emancipated in the experience that your plan upon being emancipated is to pass in with Boyfriend (or everybody else). That’s not the purpose of emancipation. in the experience that your mum and dad do drugs and/or sell drugs, then you could checklist that (tell your college counselor). The state will look into and *in the event that they locate that the declare has advantage and the area demands it*, they’ll get rid of you from the homestead and place you interior the custody of the state. Then they get to settle on the place you reside, and that's not truly with Boyfriend. in actuality, they could forbid any touch with Boyfriend (intercourse with a 14-twelve months-old is rather, very unlawful, so in line with that on my own they could forbid touch).

  • 1 decade ago

    If the parents are OK with it, yes. If not, the parents can call the police, report the kid as a runaway and bring her back home.


  • 1 decade ago

    I would say they will need their parents consent first as they are responsible for them till the child is 18.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

    They might be able to emancipate themselves which me there parents are no longer responsible for them and they are then an adult, but id talk to a lawyer first

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.