Anonymous

My hand is suddenly really shaky?

My left hand just became very shaky. It was totally just all of a sudden. Do you know what might be causing this? I think I might be low on iron..could that cause shaky hands?

Thanks!

Oh! I did have an iced coffee today and I usually don't drink much coffee. Maybe that's it..

Favorite Answer

Well low iron causes your head to be shaky and diziness as well as losing your hair and biting your nails. To me, that sounds like spazzy things such as something caffine would do to you so they are probably closely related. I'm sure low iron may have something to do with it. Other causes may be...

Alcohol withdrawal

Anxiety

Autoimmune thyroid diseases

Beta agonist use

Drug withdrawal

Essential tremor

Hyperthyroidism

Hypoglycaemia

Intention tremor

Parkinson's disease

Senile tremor

Thyroid disorders

Xanax withdrawal

...of course these make it sound all serious but I wouldn't worry. The same thing has been happening to me and I'm guessing that for me it's lack of sleep, too much caffeine, hungriness, and stress.

I hope this helps :) Oh and good luck with your hands :P

Most often, you can get shaky arms and hands from straining the muscles a lot, particularly if you are not used to it and it is static/constant strain. But I guess it could be low iron too, this usually makes you feel tired, and everything becomes so heavy to do. You can test for low iron at the doctors though. However, to raise your iron level; eat green greens, like broccoli, spinach, peas etc. and some orange juice(2dl a day is enough). Worked wonders for me:)

Yea. I get shaky a lot when im hungry...and eating always fixes da prob...my doc said im kinda low on iron..so i would suggest you eat a nutritious meal right now...that'll calm it down...

see a doctor..it could be Parkinson disease