Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

POF, OK Cupid and other online dating sites?

I have used both OK Cupid and POF. And time and time again on the message boards I see guy's complaining about how women get to choose which guy they want to date.

I very much feel that it's the guy's who chose the females. I rarely ever get asked out or approached by a guy. I have been told I am attractive. So what is up?

I also send a lot of messages on both of my dating profiles on OK Cupid and POF. I receive little replies. And my messages are like two paragraphs long :P Usually just one.

Any tips on finally finding a guy and getting off of both sites? The bar scene doesn't work for me, I never get approached. And I go to college, and never get approached :S Help!

Favorite Answer

I have never been a big drinker, so going to bars to meet women was never my thing. I was in college for 5 years (2 degrees), and had a very hard time meeting women. When I graduated last year, I found a job 8 hours from home. I moved and took the job, but I didn't know a single person here. So I resorted to online dating... Some say it's desperate and pathetic, but I actually found some real nice girls who had the same problem I did: Just didn't know where to meet the right person.

I used two websites...

Plenty of Fish: Great because it's free. Bad because it's free. You don't have to pay anything, but that leads to guys searching for girls to get laid, people who don't take it seriously, profiles that are jokes, etc. I had a profile for a couple of years, and sent out probably 40 emails or so. I had one date out of it (after a girl emailed ME first), and that was it.

eHarmony: I joined in October of 2010. It's good because it asks a lot of personality questions, and matches you with similar people in your area. The downside is that it costs a decent amount... But because it does, it keeps losers who aren't serious off of it. Another downside is that it gives you your matches, but doesn't allow you to search for anyone. Some have complained about a lack of matches, but I've been getting at least 5 new matches every day so far. I met three girls, and one of them is now my girlfriend. It’s going well, so I’m a fan of eHarmony.

Good luck.

Hiya, can I just say online dating can be difficult at first, in terms of knowing what to do. I was lost the first time I used it, not to mention embarrassed that I had to resort to an online dating site to meet my partner! Anyway, I did my research and I started to realise that there was an art to this. I recommend 'Online Dating Success' as a way to get all the info you need to be successful online.

I met my partner online 2 years ago and its still going strong so it seemed to do the trick.

Best of luck in your quest for love.

Source(s): www.todaysdatingsecret.com

I met my boyfriend on OKC :)

Try short, witty messages. Something that doesn't take much effort to respond to. As the message board is concerned. I think they think that because they send messages just like you, but also don't get any responses... It just sucks. Dating is hard. :(

Doing work for residence is a wonderful deal and not a lot of individuals get to do it even if they want this.

it takes time and why not write less because the less said makes you more interesting