Does Isaiah 45:18 suggest that God would not make the vast Heavens and leave them empty of life?

Isaiah 45:18

"For this is what the LORD says—

he who created the heavens,

he is God;

he who fashioned and made the earth,

he founded it;

he did not create it to be empty,

but formed it to be inhabited—

he says:

“I am the LORD,

and there is no other."

If the Earth was made to be inhabited, why not the rest of the universe too? If not, then why mention the heavens in the same verse?

• Adonai
    Favorite Answer

To Mankind the Heavens at that time were unknown and simply a mystery. The term Heavens within Isiah 45:18 is undoubtedly a metapho for "everything else".

• Gary B

To imply that the UNIVERSE is inhabited because God says that THE EARTH was made to be inhabited is ISOGESIS -- Putting words INTO the Bible that the Bible never said. But ALSO be aware that this verse DOE NOT say the the Universe is UNinhabited, either! The fact is, this verse says NOTHING about the rest of the Universe -- only about the earth.

it is WRONG to make that implication based on the above verse. The Bible says what is says, nothing more, and nothing less.

• Neil

God has put a great deal of love in his creation of man. He was made in the image of God. The earth and people are so important that he died for man and said he would come back to Jerusalem to set up his kingdom here. His love for us is beyond what anyone can imagine. Therefore we only have this planet and the spiritual realm. The rest of our physical universe is not going to be inhabited. That maybe the reason God put the nearest stars light years away.

• stwart

"decide upstairs"? "won't be able to take it with you, your afterlife will suck"? ** rolling my eyes ** answer: i don't understand, i'm appropriate there with you. My existence have been given extra useful the minute i found paganism and left Xtianity. No, it did not get less difficult, my ideas and spirituality have been given extra useful and that gave me capability to fulfill the stressful circumstances of existence, which comprise exchange right into a cripple. Do i've got faith a loving deity could condemn human beings to eternal torment because of the fact we do not have faith in "him"? No, that doesn't be a loving deity. it rather is an insecure little tyrant throwing a in wonderful condition that would make Hitler or a three 3 hundred and sixty 5 days previous proud. improve a eating horn, my pal! We found what we've been meant for! # # # Smiley - i became into Christian. Or could say i attempted to be Xtian for 15 years. It did not artwork. i've got studied the religion and the bible. Yeah, I gave it a try. i found judgmental, elitist, self-righteous varieties and extremely few authentic Christians and a deity i could not honor. continually - turn the stupid Cap Lock button off - employing it on your stupid little prayer in hassle-free terms makes it seem dumb, not extra suitable.

The Kingdom of Christ is telling us, the earth is the only planet where they created man in their image and likeness. The Trinity is invisible holy eternal and Just and the inner being of every human being is seen in the same light by the Trinity THANKS to the redemptive blood and the work of Christ on the cross which separates the earth from the eternal Kingdom of Christ in Heaven. We are placed here to "Seek the Kingdom of God FIRST' as our inner being comes from the Kingdom of Christ. Our flesh comes from the earth. We are down here to Seek the Kingdom UP there so we can lead our seed BACK to the eternal Kingdom in Heaven. Obviously this is not taught in local churches as every left wing in every nation is literally walking away from the Kingdom in Heaven and NO one cares.

no it does not

the heavens referred to hear is the atmosphere above the earth

it is called heaven

KJV: Jeremiah 4:25. I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.

god said he only created the earth to be inhabited not any other planet or star

to imply it means all the planets is adding to what god did not say

I would submit that we don't know if He put inhabitants in other parts of the universe. He certainly has the power to do so. He may have even have put angle there, we just don't know. But I do think this verse refers to the earth.

Song it is nice that you read the Bible but be carefull not to add or take away from what is written, early mankind also knew about the universe as it is writtten somewhere I believe in Job, "Thou created the universe and hung it upon nothing"

The heavens are full of angels and cherubs. Theres a whole spiritual army up there.

(Revelation 5:11) And I saw, and I heard a voice of many angels around the throne and the living creatures and the elders, and the number of them was myriads of myriads and thousands of thousands,

Yes.