I left my laptop in the car overnight?

It was in a back pack but it was cold and now it won't boot up. When I push the power button, it tries to start, but it keeps cutting on and off. If I hold down the Esc key, it will stay on, but nothing happens. Is it toast or can it be fixed?

I had it booted up and I had a window open. Half the screen turn white and had a lot of scribbled lines in it and the computer froze up. I took the battery out unplugged it and shut it down. I think it is toast

Favorite Answer

yes it can be fixed

yes it can be fixed.you can fix by reaching room temp again before trying to boot up. Leave alone for 1 to 2 hours and it will be fine.

• Hunt

Leave the laptop in a warm environment like your home or office until it thaws, this can take time.

The hard drive parts are made of metal, metal contracts when cold, thus the parts are sticking and your not booting.

Once warmed up the parts will become unstuck.

best bet is to all it to reach room temp again before trying to boot up. Leave alone for 1 to 2 hours and it should be fine. Best of luck.