Can a shaded-pole motor be used as a generator?

I am an engineer student currently building a generator from a shaded-pole motor (Fasco model D289: 6 coils, 120v, 1050 RPM). I plan to build a new rotor with permanent magnets, so that the rotation of the rotor will induce current in the armature coil. The plan is to only keep the armature of the shaded–pole... show more I am an engineer student currently building a generator from a shaded-pole motor (Fasco model D289: 6 coils, 120v, 1050 RPM). I plan to build a new rotor with permanent magnets, so that the rotation of the rotor will induce current in the armature coil. The plan is to only keep the armature of the shaded–pole motor, because of its six coils with iron core perfectly molded and spaces 60 degree apart. I decided not to modify the rotor but make a new one. I will make a 24 side polygon which 4 adjacent sides will be within 60 degree. In other words 4 magnets will be side by side with the same polarity, and the fowling 4 will be of the opposite polarity (each pair = 60 degree on the rotor circumference). Thus my rotor magnetic fields will be perfectly aligned with the 6 coils of the stator.

I just examine my armature and it will be impossible to remove the shading coil because when it was manufacture the shading pole was the first thing installed on the frame, and the coils were wrapped around it. The only thing I can do is to cut a notch on the ring to break it.

my questions are:

(1) Will the armature be more efficient at generating electricity and being a motor with or without the shading coils?
(2) What will breaking the continuity of the shading coil do? Will it make the armature a regular squirrel cage? Will it remain a shaded-pole motor but with a less powerful shading coil? Will it be better or able to be a motor/generator?

Before yesterday I did not know anything on shaded-coil motor, so I will appreciate any knowledge (Yes I have read everything link about the subject on Google!).

Thank You for your answer
Francis
franc_08@hotmail.com
Update: First thank you all fro your comments. As I said I am building a flywheel, thus I have to design the system for three state: (1) Motor spin the flywheel to its maximum RPM. (2) Flywheel spin on magnetic bearings to minimize the energy loss over time. (3) Flywheel spin rotor which generate electricity. Step (1)... show more First thank you all fro your comments.

As I said I am building a flywheel, thus I have to design the system for three state:
(1) Motor spin the flywheel to its maximum RPM.
(2) Flywheel spin on magnetic bearings to minimize the energy loss over time.
(3) Flywheel spin rotor which generate electricity.

Step (1) the motor:
You said that maybe I should not cut the shading coil because:
“without the shading of the poles, the unit when motoring will have no preferential direction to rotate. It won't be able to "make up its mind" and will just vibrate back and forth. You will have to provide some means of spinning it up close to synchronous frequency, and then it will pull in and act as a motor.”

Also “It will not be better as an induction-generator than a motor without the shaded-coil construction” http://www.control.com/thread/1295664953

My motor “might” not be self starting without the shading coil (I don’t understand the theory if it will or not be self starting after changing th