Why should I go to the doctor if I have a broken blood vessel in my eye that is accompanied by bruising easily?

I have a broken blood vessel in my eye. There is no pain or vision disturbances, although I am noticing slight photophobia. I have also noticed that I am bruising very easily lately. I searched online and everything I read said that I should go to the doctor, but I am just wondering, why?

• ?
    Favorite Answer

You could hav low platelets (which clot your blood) and could be an indication of leukemia or other disease, or if you are on a blood thinner, your level could be too high. This is something that needs to be checked by a doctor. Please schedule an appointment

Source(s): Medical Assistant
  • JP

Bleeding into the eye could be continuing; thus causing retinal problems. A change in vision could occur after some damage is done. Vision is such a precious thing; that's probably why it says you should see a Dr. Also, they could check for corneal scratches. Hope your eye is okay.