Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Why should I go to the doctor if I have a broken blood vessel in my eye that is accompanied by bruising easily?

I have a broken blood vessel in my eye. There is no pain or vision disturbances, although I am noticing slight photophobia. I have also noticed that I am bruising very easily lately. I searched online and everything I read said that I should go to the doctor, but I am just wondering, why?

2 Answers

  • ?
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    You could hav low platelets (which clot your blood) and could be an indication of leukemia or other disease, or if you are on a blood thinner, your level could be too high. This is something that needs to be checked by a doctor. Please schedule an appointment

    Source(s): Medical Assistant
  • JP
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

    Bleeding into the eye could be continuing; thus causing retinal problems. A change in vision could occur after some damage is done. Vision is such a precious thing; that's probably why it says you should see a Dr. Also, they could check for corneal scratches. Hope your eye is okay.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.