would you date someone who felt they had a special mission given to them by God?

more than the mission all believers believe God has put on them....like they feel they are a standout person on a special quest for God, but before they told me that i had thought they seemed, a little off, but for the most part normal. now they want to know if i'd go out on a date???

• Favorite Answer

Jesus claimed to have a special mission and so did the apostles, where did all the people go who God used to forward his message? Todays standards would have put Jesus in a nut house, so was he really a nut? Why do we believe him and his words today, when if he was in front of us we would think he was insane? Don't count him out unless you would count Jesus out too.

Well, you see, there are these conditions called messiah complex, narcissismm ofgrandiosee missions, designs, etc, etc,, and a thing called delusionalgrandeurr--all which may be attributed to yourpossibilityy in question. All and all, if you become second banana in terms with this person on whether or not you are more or less important than this "mission" or this "mission" involves harming you in any way or overstepping youboundariess, than this is not the person for you.

Why not ? There is no loss in dating anyone as long as you want a good meaningful friendship. You can learn more about the person, and it may be true that the person really has special mission from God and not from Satan. It is you to find it out yourself.

Shalom,

John M

Depends on their mission..and uh.. if God speaks to them audibly all of the time or something.. But the fact that this person decides to share that before they've gone on a date, instead of, "God is a big priority to me." or something kind of sends my wah wah meter off.. and I love God more than anything so uh.. up to you I guess. Maybe bring a taser on the first date??

Source(s): crazy people
  • alana

We all have a special mission from God. No one person is a special carrier of the word. We all are given the command to love one another as we love ourselves.

Source(s): Jesus Christ in the bible

If the special mission included giving me a million dollars.

• chieko

i'd ask about the special mission first...get lots of details and see if there is any medication or restraining orders involved....

• Scary............... Good Grief .... NO! ! ! !

Just read what happens to those in the bible who had a calling........... Good Grief....... NO ! ! !

And read the archived news reports about those who had a calling.......... Good Grief..... NO! ! ! !

My suggestion?...... find some one a little older and enjoy your relationship with him and God. And make D**m sure he is on no mission but serve God and you, in that order ! ! !

Scary............Good Grief NO! ! !

A fiercely Independent Irish Christian Eschatologist.

Michelle

I wouldn't. It sounds like this person is unusually egotistical. I would be very cautious of a person like that.

• A wise piece of advice "never go to bed with anyone crazier than yourself"