What % of teens who have leukaemia die from it?
this guy who goes to my church just got diagnosed with leukaemia, idk what type or anything but does anyone no his likelihood of dying is? please.
- SpreedogLv 710 years agoFavorite Answer
You have to tell us what type of leukemia.
"From 1999 to 2006, the five-year relative survival rates overall** were:
* Acute lymphocytic leukemia (ALL): 66.4 percent overall;
90.8 percent for children under 5
* Chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL): 79.7 percent
* Acute myelogenous leukemia (AML): 24.2 percent overall;
60.9 percent for children under 15
* Chronic myelogenous leukemia (CML): 54.6 percent
Currently, there are approximately 259,889 people living with leukemia in the United States. "Source(s): MD hematologist and medical oncologist - cancer and leukemia specialist physician for 20 years