Frozen kitchen taps, help plez!?

So I left the kitchen window open last night and the temperature plummeted to - 20 and now I have no water from the taps. What can I possibly do, everyone is looking at me with squinty eyes like I killed water, seriously, help and thanks.

Favorite Answer

Seriously? Close the window and turn up the heat and wait it out. Using a hair drier or any other localized high heat could cause a pipe rupture. A space heater in the room (with the cabinet doors under the sink open) could help speed things up by warming the room a little faster.

• Judy

Try using a hair dryer on med or low heat. My son in law used high and caused a fitting to expand and break. A space heater may work. Open your cabinet doors a maybe the heat from the house will unthaw them. Good Luck

Do not try to heat it to melt it fast or a pipe may burst. Open the cabinet and let the heat of the house slowly melt it.

Get your hairdrier going,go for the bends in the pipes first. Good Luck

use hair dryer carefully.