Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 10 years ago

Were you ever in a car crash?

If so, tell me about it? I need help writing in my book the part where the mother dies, but the teen lives. Here's what I have so far:

http://www.worthyofpublishing.com/chapter.asp?chap...

Favorite Answer

I've done both, been in an accident and saw my mom die. I read your story but it was a little hard to follow. You kept switching tenses going from the present to the past to the future, but I did enjoy it. In my car crash things actually did slow down, like in the movies. My hearing wasn't as clear though, it felt like I was underwater even though I didn't hit my head. The car's interior filled with smoke from the airbag, it also gave me a chemical burn on my legs. Also, I was so disoriented, I didn't even remember my name. Your character was oddly composed, even able to relay the info to 911. I was completely out of it, I thought i was in a dream. All I could do was sit and wait for someone to tell me what to do, and I was 24 at the time.

When I was in a car crash I was only 8 years old. We were driving in the winter and we hit some black ice. I remember my head whipping forward and sideways when we went off the road and hit a tree. My head actually smacked the window and put me unconscious. When I woke up I was in the hospital and I had a Broken leg and some whiplash and a major concussion. My family and I were injured but nobody died.

No, but one of my cousins best friends died in one. My mom and older sister also had a miracle happen to them a couple years ago on a sharp turn on a busy road. The turn was very sharp and you couldn't possibly see something coming toward you coming from either side. The car coming toward my mom was speeding, wasn't driving on their lane but my mom's lane, and they didn't have their headlights on. Yet, my mom got this feeling she should slide over her car at that turn. She did and right at that second.... The car came crashing right into her. My mom was sure that it had gotten her, only she was still driving. She looked back and that car was still driving as well...She said it was like that car had gone straight through her and the whole thing was a miracle.