Noisy fridge when compressor not running?

When my fridge compressor comes off, I can hear a noise from the evaporator core. It sounds like the freon draining but it's quite noisy and annoying. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks!

Edit: Based on last answer. The noise I'm hearing is after the compressor kicks off. If I unplug the fridge it still makes the noise, then eventually stops. The fridge works great, it's just annoying is all.

Favorite Answer

I suspect that the noise is caused by the refrigerant [usually one of the Freons] flowing through the Capillary tube [or expansion valve on some fridges] from the higher pressure area to the lower, UNTIL it finally stabilizes [equalizes].

That sound us usually always there, but is 'masked' by noise of the compressor motor when it's operating.

If this is the case, then this is probably just a freaky characteristic of that particular fridge, and there is nothing that can be done to prevent it.

Source(s): 55+ years experience in the Construction and Handyman trades, AND lots of DIY projects for myself, family, friends, neighbors, and clients.

It might be that the freon level is low, but it still works. If you start having issues with the unit not keeping cold enough, have someone out to look at it (a freon charge plus repair to any damaged coils should be around $100). You might want to have someone out, anyway. They can then check the freon level and determine if it needs to be charged. If you do run a fridge empty (no freon) or low, this will cause the compressor to not be cooled properly, which could burn out the compressor. And, this repair is expensive enough where you might as well buy a new fridge.

this is extremely available to place the compressor interior a valid-proofed enclosure; it is not completely silent as there must be air vents and so on., although that's made lots quieter. no be counted if or no longer they are able to be forced to do it relies upon on the regulations and rules the place you're.

try pulling frig away from wall people have a tendency of pushing it right up agaist the wall and not enough air is reaching the fan to cool the engine hope that helps