need ideas for a speech?

i have to write and say a speech in front of 10 judges for a local teen pageant! i need something that is important and meaningful - not about the hamster i had in grade 5, you know? ahaha

thanks!

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Talk about something that you actually care about. Stay away from topics that are too broad and that don't interest you to some degree. Yes, don't do a speech revolving around little things like pets and 5th grade memories - but try to involve You somewhere in the speech. This will let you put more feeling into the speech and make it more personal - a quality the judges will find refreshing and enjoyable. Some topics could be the importance of community service (do you do anything for the community around you?) why religion is important to you (did you go anywhere/ do anything beneficial w/ your religious group?) why certain creative outlets are important in school (did you win an award for art/poetry/music that changed your views on a certain topic?). I am positive that You can come up with an ace topic by just talking about something that is important to YOU and WHY that matters in the world. Hope this helps - please - I am curious - tell me what you ended up talking about :)

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

Teen pageant judges want to hear you speak on an issue/platform is what they call it in the Miss America contest - that you feel strongly about. Think about a paper you've had to write for school that you really WANTED to know about. Think about the news in today's papers or on talk shows that you can "relate to" or have a position on.

Then choose - migration law is a good one as stated above, war is too broad, the President's Health Reform? consider teen issues - DARE? program - good or bad, use of technology- -iPads, itouch, iphones in school?? digital natives living in a world full of digital immigrant adults?

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Talk about war

Source(s): easy topic XD a lot of resources as well
  • 9 years ago

talk about immigration, they can't criticize you on that

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.