what states in the US allow you to carry a concealed firearm?

Like a small low caliber .22 pistol (or large high .45 caliber revolver, if you prefer it, and then again who doesn't?) in a over the should holster

I'm quite frankly getting sick of all this "no guns allowed" bull$hit in Canada, I mean you can have guns but they always have to be in your house locked up with ammunition separate (which makes them useless if some one is mugging or robbing you, plus most people say "call the police", well that's all well and good, but I would rather shot the robber and have the police take a picture of his dead body rather than wait for the police to arrive to take a picture of my dead body)

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

All but two states allow some kind of concealed carry. Wisconsin, and Illinonis do not allow concealed carry, but this year it looks very much like Wisconsin is going to join the other 48 states and allow concealed carry. Then there are 10 states that have from, may issue, or restrictive, to very restrictive carry laws. Two states with reasonable issue Alabama, and Connecticut. Then states with right restricted, or very limited issue those states are California, Delaware, Hawaii, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, and Rhode Island. Theother states are Shall Issue states, meaning if you past all tests and pay the money they have to issue you CCL. In three states citizens can carry concealed without a CCL, they are Alaska, Arizona, and Vermont.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

i imagine they might want to no longer be allowed to carry a weapon on campus. that could reason the form of large style of complications. merely imagine about it. If someone become to get indignant at someone or a set of people they might react by making use of pulling the set off. that is advantageous in the experience that they have got a allow to carry a gun. businesses do no longer enable firearms. Banks, airways, pastime arenas and so on.. have solid causes no longer to allow firearms. maximum individuals do no longer have a allow to carry one and those who do, i does no longer experience any safer merely because one had the allow.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Most of them except the Republik of Newyorkistan, Kommifornia, and the Islamic Republic of illinois.

http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_rec...

Note the states that are "Right Denied" and "May Issue". May Issue means if you've got a police chief for an uncle or a governnor for a dad.

Without a permit is referred to as Constitutional Carry and it happens in 3 states;

http://opencarry.com/constcarry.html

• 9 years ago

Well sir, you are a minority in Canada.

Plus in Canada you cannot shoot people on your property like in the US.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

http://apps.carryconcealed.net/legal/index.php

as the others have obvioulsy listed... im pretty sure that all 50 states have some sort of concealed weapons law... some even say that you dont even NEED a permit....

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

No state allows you to carry a concealed weapon without a permit.

All states offer such permits, but some states have serious restrictions. NY is one of the most challenging states to get such a permit.

They can be quite expensive, and time consuming.

By the way, if you shoot someone because they're mugging you, you can then be arrested on criminal charges. Deadly force may only be used to combat deadly force. If someone walks into your house and you just shoot, guess what? He's dead, but you're going to be in prison.

• 9 years ago

http://apps.carryconcealed.net/legal/index.php will tell you.

LOL thats funny about the dead body xDD

Charlotte Nothing is wrong about shooting a mugger. If he threatens you with a weapon, you may kill him.

• 9 years ago
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.