Windows computer problem?

When I turn the computer on, it starts with a American Megatrends startup like usual but then ends up with this:

Novell Metware Ready Firmware v1.00 (940809)

(C) Copyright 1991-1994 Novell, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

SiS 900/7016 PCI Adapters DOS ODI Driver v1.14(020416)

(c) Copyright 1998 SiS Corp. All Rights Reserved.

RPL- ROM- ADR: 0011 5B5F D1DB

RPL- ROM- IRQ: 11

RPL-ROM-FFC: 5

Reboot and select proper boot devise

or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key_

Now im not sure if this is a wiring problem or what but when I opened up my case I found a few wires that were not attached.

The first is a wire that has the words SATA on it.

The nest is a red,black and yellow wire that is also connected to the power source of the HDD.

Finally there is a red-white-green-black wire that comes out of a small box on top of my HDD. (The box is a separate box and isnt connected to anything.)

I am using a seagate Barracuda 7200.9 80Gbytes HDD.

How am i going to make this computer run?

• Hugh
    Favorite Answer

This is a typical error for a computer that can't find the principal boot device (Your HD).

Look in the BIOS and make sure the boot order is correct. (Usually, HD, CD ROM).

While you're in there, make sure the HD is recognized.

It's possible this drive has failed and you may need to replace it.

The answer above is good advice, I would just add that as you're already looking side your computer check that any cables connected to something are properly connected. Also the wrire(s) connected to your hard drive will likely have extra, unused, connections intended for adding extra internal hard drives; as long as one of these is connected to your hard drive this shouldn't be an issue.

well for such issues contact the person or company from where u get this system