Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 years ago

Would you really just throw education out to the private sector to be run by for profit corporations?

Here is why I ask --- I asked a question and got this as one of the responses

=================================

If our schools were run by corporations we'd be better off. The private sector would encourage individualism and ingenuity. We may actually have educations when we finished, rather than diplomas.

As it is the schools are over run with a leftist social justice agenda that will led to nothing but tragedy for this country if it's not checked.

-------------------------------- I really want to take that apart for you and just ASK -- really is this something you would support ?

If our schools were run by corporations we'd be better off.

Corporations would have children in their school systems at what age ? How would they determine use of person since they would naturally just inherit the product they shaped ..... isn't that direct sale of your children to market place bidding ?

The private sector would encourage individualism and ingenuity.

Would it ? Why wouldn't it just encourage uniformity and desire the individualty of the part working in unison with its owned and run machine ?

We may actually have educations when we finished, rather than diplomas.

In what ? What your privately owned for profit corporation education who will only teach you the things they think are most useful for you to know --- such as obedience to your direct supervisor ?

There are too many people running about with wrong headed political ideas in our society and the answer to this is unifromity for profit education to churn out better employees and servants to the public than we have now????????

Would you really just throw education out to the private sector to be run by for profit corporations ??

cornbread_oracle

While I completely agree having the federal government running it is a horrible idea as well I just don't think the corporations owning the students from 5 or 6 years old until they retire means our society will be run completely by owners of humans -- corporations will own you your children your entertainment and everything you wear think buy or ever will

So you don't want to give the kids to the government --- how did handing them from 6 to 65 to the corporations become the answer ?

Favorite Answer

definitely no! It would be the very best of Orwell's world if this barbarity were to happen! Thanks for the bring it out onto the open ,sort of a debate!hugs..

• Danny

Without a doubt, yes.

EDIT

You say, "While I completely agree having the federal government running it is a horrible idea as well I just don't think the corporations owning the students from 5 or 6 years old until they retire means our society will be run completely by owners of humans -- corporations will own you your children your entertainment and everything you wear think buy or ever will"

Just because schools are controlled by the private sectors, how does that mean corporations will own students from the time they are 5 until they retire? The private sector is in control of super markets. Does that also mean they are in control of what you eat? No, of course not and it is just as silly to think that schools would own your children.

I don't know how your schools are run in Canada budd - but here in the states it's pretty much a tapestry of suck ***. You read these clowns on here claiming that it's the Federal Government's fault when the only role the federal government plays is in allocating funding. Everything else is completely local.. A lot of the times locality of school directly determines the quality of the school. If it was a Fed problem - then it would be consistently bad across the country.. but the fact of the matter is - is that since the governing of schools and the standards they must follow - is completely controlled by local school boards - then there is NO standard. The local school boards are usually administrative heavy with an entrenched "teachers" union protecting the entrenched interests of the local school administrator / politicians... Who are usually pulling in over 200,000 dollars a year, and often times double dipping as a retiree on some other local government pension.. It's the biggest scam in America. But the blame gets deflected to either 1. The teachers - who are short shafted by the "teachers" union.. and 2. the Federal Government - who basically has NO oversite role, and then 3. The students.

• Wolfie

If the politicians were required to follow the laws that corporations are, all of them would be in prison.

So criminals running schools is superior to companies that on a regular basis are required to take great PERSONAL risks to survive and prosper?

And ultimately politicians get the final say on the board of education and the associated groups with your tax dollars.

If a company had to turn a profit they would be forced to create a system in which the students were becoming productive members of society.Through a productive mind, ingenuity toward more efficient methods and problem solving is achieved. Mind you not every corporation flips burgers, many of them are engineering, chemical, medical, construction and the like.

Perhaps we just need to make career schools more accessible to youth.

Good at everything and expert at nothing is not functional, especially with corrupt politicians involved.

• goens

ingredient a million. Um, incorrect. There are a dozens in each state. no person is locked into something. i've got replaced medical wellness coverage companies thrice interior the final ten years. As to 'huge revenue'? the common income margin for a medical wellness coverage business enterprise is approximately 3 a million/2 p.c.. correct to comparable to a food market. ingredient 2. that's starting to be inelastic using fact of government regulation. government now mandates that every physique wellness insurers grant for all possibilities without limits and no exemptions. It was you may desire to purchase basically 'catastrophic care' coverage and pay for the commonly used docs visits your self. no longer to any extent further. Used to get intense deductible. no longer to any extent further. All of this is using fact of government, no longer coverage business enterprise coverage. And, back, there is a great number of opposition. problem is, the value of wellness care is expensive. Made extra so, back, by applying government mandate. (Obamacare placed a tax on medical equipment, each little thing from tongue depressors to MRI's. you think of that would not force up the value of wellness care?) area 2. Get the government the heck out of the wellness care, wellness care coverage and our lives. enable coverage companies to function throughout the time of state lines. there are a number of different procedures, yet what you will desire to attain...and clearly do no longer...is the certainty that the clarification coverage is expensive is using the fact wellness care is expensive. ask your self, why did no longer the government concentration on that? using fact there is not any longer something they might do approximately it. they are too embedded. yet good attempt.

• John W

Right now Education is run by Unions not corporations

My son came home the other day with a sad story his science teacher had shared about his possible removal from the school system because he was not conforming. The schools are now telling the teachers what to teach so kids pass. Its making the art of teaching obsolete, but I fear the fun and excitement of real learning and inspiration will be lost soon

Wow. I'm honored, I think.

That's my post you're dissecting and I stand by it. Yes, I would throw education out to private sector rather than have the federal (note: FEDERAL) govt run it. The Federal Dept of Ed is unconstitutional in my view.

The private sector would do a far, far better job of education our children, and have less sinister motives. Google the Texas text book controversy for a start, to see what the left is doing to our educational system.

ADD: When did profit become a bad word, btw? Wise people know that profit is one of the most beautiful words in the English language. I say, thank God for profit!

No ... but I would have politicians investigate how it's done in countries like Finland where the students top literacy and numeracy tests year after year. Naturally they will find that a large portion of taxes go to pay for great schools and enthusiastic, well paid, well trained teachers.

Our children are our future ... they will be the leaders, economists, engineers, scientists, nurses, doctors,teachers of tomorrow.

Perhaps instead of spending trillions on wars, America could spend the money on the education of our young people.

Private is not the way to go ... in these establishments children are 'clients' and the bottom line is 'profits' ,,, !

People who graduate from public, state run Universities tend to have much lower unemployment rates than those who graduate from private, for profit Universities. Graduates of for-profit schools are also twice as likely to default on loans.

If we set aside free-market ideology and just look at the facts, public education is actually working better in the higher education field.

If K-12 schools were run by corporations, I suspect they would fail the students as much as the corporate Universities have.

Yes I would, the education would be better, teachers would teach or be fired, and the children would actually learn something.

I really object to my taxes paying for other people's children to be programed, their free lunches and supplies. I paid for my children to be educated, why do they neglect their children and expect me to foot the bill?

Source(s): God's Blessings gave us a Great New GOP Congress NOTE;I am a level 7 top contributor beware of impersonators, and please report clones, demand the real level 7 Paul Grass May God bless you and may God keep us safe from the progressive axis of evil;0bama,Pelosi & Reid.

Absolutely. They couldn't do a worse job than the government, and I wouldn't have to pay to send the neighbors yard monkeys to school where they don't appear to learn much.