Is it ok to burn the confederate flag in the USA?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Larry
    Lv 4
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It is probably legal, but since most of the people have their confederate flag hanging in the back window of their pickup truck right next to their gun rack it could be a bad idea. Unless you like trying to explain the law to a redneck, go find a different hobby.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

Sure. It is not a symbol of our country, so burning the Confederate flag is fine. And even setting fire to our own American flag has been deemed to be free speech at points in our nation's history, although it never has been the act of someone who is patriotic and proud to be American.

• Mr. G
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

It is ok to burn any flag really. Although I do not recommend that you start playing with fire.

• 9 years ago

Yes. It's also legal to burn the American flag in the USA. It is considered constitutionally protected speech.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

It's not against the law to burn any flag in the US!

Yay for free speech :)

I have no reason to burn an American flag myself, but It's nice to know that I can.

Source(s): American
  • its ok to burn the confederate flag everywhere.

• 9 years ago

yes. freedom of speech. you can even burn US flag. you can't spit at or throw shoe at US prez though.

• Twins
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

Do you been now? Any way our country has many beliefs, if you were to do that you would insult ancestors or modern people. So basically NO!

• Eivind
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

Of course! It is a symbol of evil. You could compare it to the swastika.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

HELL YES. thats the enemy flag, its like calling everyone a commy in the cold war, its your civic duty.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.