Shelly
Shelly asked in PetsBirds · 10 years ago

what bird is a better talker senegal or quaker?

I'm looking to ad an addition to my flock I want a bird that can talk and these are the two im choosing from. a Senegal or quaker. just wondering witch of the two talks the clearest and picks up words quickest or are they about the same. I do realize some birds don't talk but that wont make me love it any less.

Favorite Answer

I have both breeds of birds. The Senegal talks the clearest, he can be very shrill with his whistles. The Quakers are just plain loud, but if you don't mind the noise they are a blast to watch and to play with. Their voices are a little raspy, but you can understand them. They both are very bright little guys and would make a great addition to your flock. I think one of the reason my Quakers are so loud is there are 2 of them and they are always bickering back and forth. Just like little kids, but they never really hurt each other. The Senegal seems more of a little lover bird, he always wants petted. The Senegal had 5 other homes before we got him, and I really don't know why. He's a very smart little guy, and like I said a little lover bird. So 5 homes in his short little life was a lot, because he's only 5 years old or at least he was when we got him.

Good Luck, with your choice they both a great birds and a lot of fun.

Source(s): Alex (SenegalParrot) Quakers (Buster and Collins) Bird Talk Magazine

In general, a quaker is more likely to pick up a few words than a senegal is. They tend to be louder birds as well.

Source(s): Parrot owner