?

Why are people concerned about things that are none of their business and do not affect their lives in any way?

I have people I am not friends with and barely know, who just come to my work, asking me about things all the time, that is none of their business, and really does not concern them. I seriously wonder why. Eg where I moved, and which floor I live on. When I avoid the answer, they speculate, and ASSUME things. Eg I had my snowmobile on my truck, and they go. ''Oh, you are going snowmobiling'' I wasn't, it was just on my truck, and actually becuase I sold it and was dropping it off, but it's none of their business. Just a few examples.

• Byron
    Favorite Answer

These are people that always want to be informed on the latest gossip and are always trying to create drama. They have plenty of their own problems but do nothing to try and resolve them and are always trying to find out what's going on in your life and giving you advice on what to do when it's clear that they are the one's that need help. They observe you and assume that they know exactly what's going on so they ask you about it and get mad when you tell them the opposite because they think you are lying and that you think you're better than them. These people will never change so don't even worry about them. It sounds like you're a bartender and these are all the people you have to babysit, good luck !

• Some people consider that the way to make small talk. Sort of like saying "How is your day going?" when you really don't care how the day is going for them. I don't think it is so much nosey as it is people's need to feel connected and not know how to interact with others. Many people aren't sure how to have a normal conversation so they ask questions they really don't care about knowing you will answer and it isn't important, it is just their version of "Nice day, huh?"

Humans are social creatures. This is why celeb news is often more popular than world event news. People are more interested in other people than anything else.

We all have a void that is filled by social interaction.

If you are anti-social or very private... well... sorry.

They are just trying to converse with you. Most people enjoy talking about themselves and inquiring about others it's called having a conversation!

• kim h

They are trying to talk to you. Making small talk and chit chat. We like to hear about other peoples lives.

It's called making conversation and trying to be friendly.

• Darcy

Maybe they are just trying to start up a conversation with you

Maybe they are just trying to be nice

Maybe they are just nosey.

It's human nature to be noisy. Don't get angry - let them talk. You get the last laugh.

because it's much easier to be interested into someone else and be engrossed with their issues then fixing ones own.

some people have boring lives