Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 10 years ago

Why would he do THIS after 5 yrs.........*brace yourselves, this is kinda long..but I want your views! Thanks!?

I met this guy (through mutual friends) in school about 5 yrs ago. We started talking and he started to pursue. I was not really looking for anything but eventually I started to like him alot and fall for him...mainly because of how dedicated to his family he was and how he used to care for his blind mother..........BUT then when I started to catch feelings for him he started acting distant and cold....like he didn't want to be bothered. I was so confused.....he would call sometimes and then promise to call back but never did...other times he would call once and then I wouldn't hear anything from him for months.

On the last day I saw him at school; I heard him talking to his friends about how his ex just called his phone. He also went on to talk about how he was gonna have sex with her when he got back home.

He didn't realize I heard what he said...so I asked him "so what you gonna do when you get back home?" he just said "nothing, just work"..............After school was over he moved back to his home state (one state away) and we continued to talk over the phone (I know, dumb move on my part).... He would ask "Are you seeing anybody?..or say " I'm not over you, I miss you, I really liked and respected you......I wanted to kiss you everytime I saw you but I didnt want you or me to get attached because I knew I was leaving"..................THEN I wouldn't hear from him for about 3 months at a time......he would ask me similar questions..."are you single" "are you still a virgin" (he knew I was waiting until marriage)....and he would make comments like "one day we're gonna get married, just watch"

We made plans for him to come visit but then he canceled the night before because apparently "he didnt have any money left because he went out with his friends the previous day"....KNOWING that we had already made plans to hang out.......the same thing continued for a while. One summer he called me over and over for like a week and then I didnt hear anything from him until the ending of the year. I was so annoyed and mentally/emotionally exhausted and confused. ..........THE LAST STRAW----After not speaking to him for a few months; I logged onto Facebook and saw a status that he left saying "Missing her, you know who you are, MWAH!"...I assumed he was talking about me because he used to say the exact same thing to me and leave statuses about me. But then the next day it said he was "in a relationship" and he posted a bunch of pictures of him and his girlfriend. he also proceeded to post lovey dovey stats about how much she meant to him and that she is his "sunshine"...........I was confused and hurt by it so I just deleted everything he ever sent me and erased his number from my phone.

Now after 5yrs of not seeing him and 3 yrs of not speaking....I get this random "friend request" from him. (he is still with that girl by the way).....I did NOT accept the request. My friend showed me a comment he left on someone's status. the status said "once you find someone new; dont look back at the last person because then you'll get caught up and start wondering what could have been or what you should have done".............His comment said "Man, i'm in the same boat now...couldn't have said it better myself"..then he deleted his comment shortly after. ....A week ago, his current girlfriend broke up with him. He now sent a friend request to his ex (the one who he was talking about having sex with)

What was the point of trying to "befriend" me and your exes on FB?

Favorite Answer

Leave it alone. He is not worth another second of your time. He was playing games and unfortunately you were at the receiving end. The good news is it was 5 yrs ago you had feelings and not today so don't accept the friend request EVER. If you see him then you can be cordial but I wouldn't waste one more second thinking about it.

• oh trust me, alot of guys are wierd like that, same things happened to me, getting added by em after them being nasty and all sorts, so trust me, some guys are just like that, knob heads! they use fb as a tool to speak to or loose people, its because most of them are cowards and won't tell anything to a girls face , good or bad. From my experience, they tend to like making sure they stay friends with you after a while of getting over you. Its strange... but i think its because they want to know everyone likes them and know they did nothing wrong, takes away any guilt if they play pally pally with you.

a extra suited question is, why are you nevertheless miraculous on after the way he taken care of you and an magnificent style of those years? heavily, you should bypass on and forget approximately approximately him. He needless to say has and probable thought he basically had to facebook buddy an old buddy. in case you have not observed, human beings tend to "buddy" human beings on facebook that they often does not supply 5 cents to communicate to. circulate on already!!!

Forget him, go and find someone that won't cheat in you.

IF he as you says spends his money on friends and not you who he has as you say made arrangements to meet then that sort of person probably won't change.

Going back to ex-partners rarely works

Make yourself a new life!

Why are you agonizing over this? This guy has not invested more than 5 minutes in you in years.

Get this guy out of your life....he is nothing but a player and I guarantee that if you guys were together he WOULD be the cheating type...don't speak to him again.

Source(s): I know the kind...