Is anyone else having problems with Windows 7 updates?

I got this laptop that is running 7 Ultimate and updates do not download or install. I just turned the updates off, it does not work anyway so WTH

• Favorite Answer

Go to Start, then All Programs -----> Accessories -----> Command Prompt -----> right click and select Run as administrator. Continue if you receive a notification

Type or paste the following command at the prompt:

net stop wuauserv

ren %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistributionold

net start wuauserv

Then go to control panel and run windows update again.

i'm managing this very comparable element. the solid element is that I actual have a distinctive gadget (computing gadget) with abode homestead windows XP, yet my laptop computing gadget is ineffective as we communicate. In my information superhighway seek for for strategies, i stumbled on that that's a project with the Microsoft Vista replace (i chanced in this on many information superhighway pages and regrettably, did no longer shop the hyperlinks). i could propose which you do no longer attempt re-setting up the updates different than you will come across a "patch" or a substititute for the corrupt get carry of report that motives the Vista loop of dying.

have u ever stopped a installation ? if u did that may be the problem

Source(s): pro 14 years old xD